Thread: VR4 intake

Senior SCH Member

VR4 intake

Just got my VR4 upgrade kit. so how on god's green earth do I make the 90deg turn from teh rubber boot to a smaller diameter pipe? I will take some pic's of my set up and post them. But the VR4 intake is so much larger than my original setup, I can't get it to work yet:( Basically, I have a 90deg rubber boot that attaches to a 90deg pipe, where teh rest of the intake goes to a 3inch filter. Any ideas of how I can make something to fit into the larger pipe so I can use my intake system?

Senior SCH Member
    Ok, the first picture is of my current setup with the sn2000
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior SCH Member
    That set up has a 3inch pipe on the intake of the charger. The next picture is of my VR4 boot and the 4inch pipe collar attached, with a piece of 3in exhaust tubing in the hole to show the huge difference of the two sizes.
    Now, HOW can I get this set up to work??? Any ideas would be greatly appricated! :o :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior SCH Member
    I suggest you go to an exhaust muffler place and make you a custom pipe for it and run it through your driver side fender for colder air.It worked great for me.Only I had it on passenger side..

Senior SCH Member
    Theo,
    Thanks for the advise! I plan to do that after I save up for some other things...extra oil cooler and fan. As for now, I found a silicone reducer which i plan to use for the mean time.

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    Theo,
    Thanks for the advise! I plan to do that after I save up for some other things...extra oil cooler and fan. As for now, I found a silicone reducer which i plan to use for the mean time.

man i cant wait to order that vr4 this weekend.

let us know how it runs!