I'm leaning towards a Powerglide, and now I'm trying to decide whether to get a PG from Mike's transmission, or California Performance Transmission (the real Art Carr). Both can build a PG for about the same price, but I really don't know enough about a PG to know what I'm looking for. So what do I want to look for in the PG set-up. I hear all kinds of buzz words like "rollerized", but I don't know what they mean. Can someone give me a short tutorial on PG transmissions, and what the critical components are (or point me to a good website)?

I like CPT because they're a 90 minute drive away, and have been helpful. Best of all, they could probably start building me a tranny next week and have me back up and running by months end. The other bonus is that when the tranny needs to be freshened up, they're only that 90 minute drive.

On the other hand, Mike took the time to talk to me personally, and he has a good reputation with the people I've talked to. The problem is that they're running 15 days behind, so I probably wouldn't have their transmission for about 1 month. But if he's the better builder, then I'm willing to wait.

But the final decision for me will probably be based on what each company is offering me in terms of the tranny. That's why I need to know more about what they have, and what I need. Any help will be appreciated.