Thread: P1SC Install questions

Junior SCH Member

P1SC Install questions

Hello!

I am installing a p1sc on my 96 cobra - everything seems to be going good so far, but I have a couple of questions:

There's a part in the kit called a Tube Support Bracket - it mounts inside the fender, and the tube assembly attaches to it with "the supplied clamp". It seems like they mean to use one of the hose clamps, because there are no other clamps. Is this right? It seems kinda wrong to put a hose clamp on that powder coated tube.

Thanks!

(Edited to remove the other question that I already answered)
    Last edited by omillar; 05-08-2004 at 05:00 PM.

Yes, that support piece that fits into the fenderwell is meant to strap your pipe to the sidewall with a hose clamp! That is just one of the things that ati screwed up royal - my bracket broke along with the hose clamp, so I support my maf from beneath and blew off the stupid bracket. Next I am going to route a pipe into the fenderwell for my intake filter, some metal has to be cut away from the inside fenderwell and you move a few ground connections, but I have heard you gain several psi from this, and bring much cooler air into the s/c'er. You would think a "world leader" in s/c'er manufacture/engineering/racing would do a better job on such an important detail as where the air intake sits - but no........they don't. On the 94-95 older style p600 kits the intake filter sat right above the drv's side header! Go figure.....
    1998 S/C'ed cobra coupe - laser red and somewhere in the great state of Tejas.....442rwhp/410rwtq dyno tuned