Thread: Oil on motor

SCH Member

Oil on motor

I have the stock valve covers with the baffle removed when I put on 1.7 roller rockers. I have a Ford Motorsport screw in breather on the valve cover. When I race the stang there is oil dripping from the oil breather on to the motor. What can I do to stop the oil from dripping from the breather? I also have a set of valve cover from a 93 Cobra with the baffle still in the valve cover below the oil filler neck, would these be worth bolting on to the stang. Please folks all information will be helpful.

Thanks,

Dawg
    Dawgsgt White 93 GT
    Engine: 331 ci. built by Ohio Crankshaft Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock 6037 heads, Accufab 70mm TB, 1.6 roller rockers, Comp cams, SCT 2800 90mm Mass air, 60lb injectors, Professional Products Hi-Flow fuel rail kit, MSD Timing Retard, Aluminum 2 core radiator, electric vaccum pump.
    Power Adder: Vortech Sci-trim Supercharger with upgraded discharge tube, UPR Powerpipe.
    Suspension: Ground pounder adjustable cast and camber plates, Lakewood 70/30 struts, 50/50 drag shocks, subframe connecters, Factory 5 upper and lower control arms.
    Exhaust: Mac 1 5/8 long tube headers, Dr. gas X-pipe, 2.5 (2) chamber Flowmaster mufflers.
    Electronics: MSD 6AL, Blue Ford Motorsport 9mm wires, MSD Cap and rotor.
    Drivetrain: Stock T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter with a chrome Hurst handle, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.55 gears.
    Interior: 2 1/16 Dual gauge pod with Boost and Fuel gauges.
    Exterior: Original Oxford white paint job, Chrome 5 Star Pony rims

Junior SCH Member
    the oil just maybe be dripping be when the rpm gets very high the rockers are splashing the oil up to the breather and it coming out of the filter part of the breather. if it is just coming out of the base wher it attaches to the valve covers u may want to try a hose clamp around the tube to tighten it up

Senior SCH Member
    Moroso makes a baffled breather. It works great.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

SCH Member
    Thanks for the information guys. RSNovi do you have a part # for the Moroso baffled breather it would be of great help to me.

Thanks,

Dawgsgt
    Dawgsgt White 93 GT
    Engine: 331 ci. built by Ohio Crankshaft Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock 6037 heads, Accufab 70mm TB, 1.6 roller rockers, Comp cams, SCT 2800 90mm Mass air, 60lb injectors, Professional Products Hi-Flow fuel rail kit, MSD Timing Retard, Aluminum 2 core radiator, electric vaccum pump.
    Power Adder: Vortech Sci-trim Supercharger with upgraded discharge tube, UPR Powerpipe.
    Suspension: Ground pounder adjustable cast and camber plates, Lakewood 70/30 struts, 50/50 drag shocks, subframe connecters, Factory 5 upper and lower control arms.
    Exhaust: Mac 1 5/8 long tube headers, Dr. gas X-pipe, 2.5 (2) chamber Flowmaster mufflers.
    Electronics: MSD 6AL, Blue Ford Motorsport 9mm wires, MSD Cap and rotor.
    Drivetrain: Stock T-5 with a Pro 5.0 shifter with a chrome Hurst handle, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.55 gears.
    Interior: 2 1/16 Dual gauge pod with Boost and Fuel gauges.
    Exterior: Original Oxford white paint job, Chrome 5 Star Pony rims

Senior SCH Member
    I use this one:

http://www.moroso.com/catalog/catego...?catcode=38103
    part number 68800
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

SCH Member
    I have the same problem with the oil drip except when my rpms get up smoke also blows out my breather, it kind of looks like a train horn. I saw this on the dyno. The dyno tech. told me my rings are bad so you may have the same problem as me if you have a stock short block.
    93 5.0 LX Silver Coupe w/ chorme pony's on nitto drag radials. Mods: NOVI 1000, 8"crank, Performer Inake, 70mm TB, 75mm PRO-M, 24lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump, adj. fuel pressure regulator, eql headers, off road H-pipe, flowmasters, 373 gear, electric Fan, ect. Stock Long Block.
    http://www.partyclemson.com/photo_photo.aspx?user=25599&photo=37926