Thread: S-trim vs T-trim

S-trim vs T-trim

everything else being equal, has anyone upgraded from a S-trim to a T-trim (same pulley setup) and noticed a significant improvement to justify the $400 or so price tag for the upgrade ?
    306 DSS, S-TRIM W/RENEGADE PULLIES, EXTRUDE HONED LOWER GT40, FULLY PORTED AND LOC WIRED GT40 HEADS, PERMANENT 10 INCH SLICKS.

Junior SCH Member
    S- Trim (3.33/7') 9-10lbs! Made 460Rwhp.
    T-Trim (3.33/7') 10-11Lbs. Made 504Rwhp.

Just a Head unit Swap, Done with (OB AFR 165's,System max Intake, Coustom cam)

Hope this helps ya! Take Care!

those are pretty respectable numbers. ever think about spinning the t-trim a little faster ? looks like you have alot more rpm left in the t-trim.
    306 DSS, S-TRIM W/RENEGADE PULLIES, EXTRUDE HONED LOWER GT40, FULLY PORTED AND LOC WIRED GT40 HEADS, PERMANENT 10 INCH SLICKS.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WOHORSY
    those are pretty respectable numbers. ever think about spinning the t-trim a little faster ? looks like you have alot more rpm left in the t-trim.
    Probably holding back to save the block.
    1993 Mustang Saleen Clone
    Dart Block 352", 225CC TFS-R Heads, TFS Box Intake, YSi-Trim, Griffin Air-to-Air Intercooler, Cammotion Solid Roller, AEM EMS, Kooks Headers, Tremec TKO

Look at the amount of CFM per unit, the higher the numbers on the unit the more boost your going to see from it, it's all about the CFM rating per unit.

Look at it like this, a 1000 cfm from an S-trim unit Vs. a 1400 CFM T-trim which is going to show better boost on the same size pulley. Also remember that the amount of CFM's being moved is going to be across the full range of boost not just at peak.

Think about it...

Kyle
    Last edited by FMGT1999; 07-08-2004 at 11:41 PM.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade352
    Probably holding back to save the block.
    Yup!! I made 604rwhp Off my 89 with the same blower! You have alot
    of room here!

My buddy has a convertible with a stock 302 with out of the box holley heads,intake,cam,S-trim and aod. It runs 7.0@96mph in the 1/8 11.10@119. We put my t-trim on it, 6.8@102 1/8 and 10.8@124 running out of gear, with same pulleys. And all passes made on 27" hoosier quick time pro's. We are going to test some more this week on the t-trim.
    Can't take how slow Blownby's 700rwhp car is :obscene:
    www.behindbarsracecars.com

Quote Originally Posted by atrimterror
    My buddy has a convertible with a stock 302 with out of the box holley heads,intake,cam,S-trim and aod. It runs 7.0@96mph in the 1/8 11.10@119. We put my t-trim on it, 6.8@102 1/8 and 10.8@124 running out of gear, with same pulleys. And all passes made on 27" hoosier quick time pro's. We are going to test some more this week on the t-trim.
    At the rate your (he's) going you may be t-trim less.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    At the rate your (he's) going you may be t-trim less.
    LOL :D
    Can't take how slow Blownby's 700rwhp car is :obscene:
    www.behindbarsracecars.com

Junior SCH Member
    wohrsy.
    how long ago did u get quoted the $400? I called about a month ago told him I had a head unit s trim off a stang he said hell take that in trade and give me a t trim for some stupid amount of money. Who did u talk to? Also he asked if it clockwise or counter clockwise I wasnt sure he said it counterclockwise rotation and if it was clockwise they would be able to do it. So let me ask which is it and is it from compressor side or gear side? wouldnt itbe pssible to mae the b trim a t trim for the same money since they use the same gear end?

i got the price from a vortech price sheet but it was from a couple of years ago, since then the price has gone up. according to vortechs website, only a heavy duty S or R trim may be upgraded to a T-trim. you may be able to upgrade your B trim to a standard S trim unit but i would check with vortech since they will need your serial # off your unit. they do have an exchange program but most people opt to sell their unit outright and purchase a new unit. i decided to keep my maxed out S trim for the time being, that is until i can get a stronger block.

SCH Member
    yo- guy a s-trim flows 1000 cfm,yes, and a t-trim flows 1200 cfm not 1400 cfm get the facts right,as for how fast he wants to go the s-trim will carry your car to low 10,s with the right set up,and only race heavy duty blower can upgraded to t-trims,if you ask me stick with the s trim for now.

Senior SCH Member
    i picked up almost 60 rwhp doing the swap on my old 302, afr 165 setup
    --
    93 GT