Thread: fuel pressure, timing help!!!!

Senior SCH Member

fuel pressure, timing help!!!!

i have the 1000 with a f150 pulley 30 pound injectors and a custom burnt chip and the fmu, what should my fuel pressure be set at right now its 40 ,should i also change my timing at all,its at 22 advanced i havent changed it since i install my novi .what do i do?im lost right now??????

Your timing is way to advanced if thats your base timing.

Turn it down to like 10 or you could cause major engine damage.

Are you sure that your balancer is correct cause I cant believe that you havent blown it up already.

Ive heard the stock balancers can slip a little and give false timing readings.

Can anyone else chime in here??

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    Is the chip burned for a blower or n.a.? If it is a non-blower chip I would yank it out ASAP. Then you want to verify tdc on the balancer, make sure the timing is set at 8 or 10 btdc with the spout connector pulled out at idle. You may want to get the chip reburned for blower use, might pick up a little power. Do you have a 30# calibrated MAF or is the chip required to run the 30# injectors (mimatched MAF)?

Fuel pressure should be at 38 to 42 psi with the vac line dsiconnected. Reconnect vac line after checking.

Senior SCH Member
    yes it is burnt for the s/c and the 75mm maf and injectors are calibrated so today i will change the timing and the fuel pressure to 42 and i'll let everyone no how it goes

Please do ;)

Ian

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I took you posting as saying 22 degrees total with advance. So you would be at 10 degrees at the balancer with 12 degrees advance. Was I reading this correctly. Your timing would then be correct. Your car would not even start or crank at 22 degrees advance.

Senior SCH Member
    I TIMED IT TO 22 THEN INSTALLED THE SPOUT ,IM A DUMB A$$

Wow! Be very careful man!

Ian