Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
tko problem

Thread: tko problem

Senior SCH Member

tko problem

my tko doesn't want to go into any gears sometimes when i take it out of 5th. if i put it in and out of 5th a couple times when it does this it will finally let me put it into another gear. anyone know what would cause this?

Synchronizers 1st choice , fluid level 2nd choice. Not a tranny pro, but synchros in my t-5 gave me same problems.
    Jorge

Senior SCH Member
    i know that it isn't a fluid level issue. wouldn't the syncro just cause a problem with getting it into 5th gear? all the other gears are fine.

Don't get me to lying but i think there are synchro's for every gear, you might have a tooth broke off your fifth gear, that is a shot in the dark. you could drain a little fluid from it and see if you have any metal shards in there. that would be a indicator of broken teeth. like i said i'm not a tranny guru. Just throwing some ideas at ya.
    Jorge

Senior SCH Member
    yes, there is syncos for every gear, except for reverse. the thing that gets me is that it only does it every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by slider_buck
    yes, there is syncos for every gear, except for reverse. the thing that gets me is that it only does it every once in awhile.
    Is your clutch cable adjusted properly.

FWIW
    I had a problem of getting into gears at higher RPM's a while back, readjusted the cable and no problems there after. The clutch wasn't fully disengaging probably.

Again I am far from a tranny expert. But may help. Sometimes it is the simple overlooked issues not the major ones.

Senior SCH Member
    the clutch is set to where it disengages at about half way down point. wonder if could be a problem with the shift fork?