Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Finally got my car to a local dyno so I could start tuning it

Thread: Finally got my car to a local dyno so I could start tuning it

Finally got my car to a local dyno so I could start tuning it

I didn't realize how bad the fuel map was till we made the 1st pull. Pig rich everywhere and it belted out a whopping 98whp. Keep in mind I have a very loose 8" converter so the dynojet numbers were down, this was purely to get my car running. 2nd pull was a whopping 225, 3rd was a 350ish, 5th was 424, 6th was 500 roughly, 7th we blew off the discharge pipe, 8 and final for the night was 597.8 and saw 20psi at roughly 7000 rpm. On the 8th pull a, I was happier with where we were at and only turned it to 7000, although I will be turning the motor to 7800 eventually. I had a lot of fun tuning with the gen6, while it might have been easier with gen7 and fast I had a great time changing the whole map and knowing I did it myself. The only problem we had was getting the spark to pickup so the graphs never had an rpm scale to judge from, we went purely from mph. Altogether I am fairly pleased considering I went from bearily driveable at all, to where we are with only 8 pulls and re-doing the entire fuel map. I still haven't even touched the timing. Video will be up soon. I was also plagued with the vacuum lines going to the bypass valves and on 2nd to last pull we noticed there was not enough transmission fluid, so the converter had been slipping even worse, so we gained 100whp just off that heh.

http://www.lastminuterace.com/lebeter/dyno308.wmv

Last edited by Hustler; 10-08-2004 at 12:13 PM.

Senior SCH Member
    I found that if you place the spark pick-up on the coil feed, you will pick up less noise. I can never get it to work on my car trying to pull the spark from a plug wire.

Congrats on the numbers!
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

That thing is going to be down right terrifying once you get it all dialed in......I like it!

sweet........i'm gonna in for the same stuff next week......in your last video you posted it sounded beyond rich so i bet it sounds awesome now!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Ya its still running rich in areas, and lean around roughly 2k Brent. Thanks for the advice Chris, I'll definitely try that next time and see what results.
    Last edited by Hustler; 10-08-2004 at 09:11 PM.