Thread: OK its on but WTF?

Junior SCH Member

OK its on but WTF?

Just had the car dynoed with the SN93 but its not making any power.I have to make another appointment.Were should I gap the sparkplugs? And do I want the cat converters on or off? Also thinking about putting on the smallest pully I have. And if I do will this hurt the supercharger? The pully is just over 3.5 inches. :think:

Senior SCH Member
    what size crank pulley are you using? if its a 7in. crank i wouldnt go much smaller than a 3.5 and thats if you have the oil cooler.

You want the cats off, although thats not going to make that dramatic of an improvement.

The plugs should be gapped down to around .35 thou.

Are you seeing anyboost at all?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    What is not making any power mean? Are you seeing boost? What is your timing at?
    The more information you can gives us the better we can help.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brian88lx
    what size crank pulley are you using? if its a 7in. crank i wouldnt go much smaller than a 3.5 and thats if you have the oil cooler.

You want the cats off, although thats not going to make that dramatic of an improvement.

The plugs should be gapped down to around .35 thou.

Are you seeing anyboost at all?
    Yes Im getting 5# of boost @5800rpms But looking at the data on the dyno its like the spark is blowing out at full boost.By the way my sparkplugs were gapped at .052. I know now this is to wide of a gap.The crank pully is a 7". How much more boost would the smaller pully give me.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    What is not making any power mean? Are you seeing boost? What is your timing at?
    The more information you can gives us the better we can help.
    Im getting 5# of boost .But at 5800 rpms horsepower falls off dramaticly. My friend told me it could be 2 things sparkplug gap or valve flote.My timming is at 10 now. But we added 2degs and gained 52hp @ 5800 then fell after that.My sparkplug gap was at the time .052.

Heh ya I would guess spark is blowing out. Does the car hesitate a lot?

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustler
    Heh ya I would guess spark is blowing out. Does the car hesitate a lot?
    Yea its got a serge slightly never had the engine spinning that hard. Just put the supergharger on last weekend.

Gap .032 and with your timing set for 21 degrees total timing you should see a nice increase. I would say 7psi at 6000 rpm should be about correct.

Junior SCH Member
    Gap .032 and with your timing set for 21 degrees total timing you should see a nice increase. I would say 7psi at 6000 rpm should be about correct.
    Thats with the small pulley? I won't overspin the supercharger?

7" crank then stay with a 3.75" or larger charger pulley.
    6" crank then you can go with a 3.5" .
    No matter what you do with the Ball Drive you will be over 39k RPM unless you stay with the 6.25" carnk and the 4.25" Charger pulley.
    I have been running my unit for 10+ years over revving the unit but you need a cooler and a large transmission cooler to keep the temperature down and don't miss a shift or you will be rebuilding the unit.

Junior SCH Member
    7" crank then stay with a 3.75" or larger charger pulley.
    6" crank then you can go with a 3.5" .
    No matter what you do with the Ball Drive you will be over 39k RPM unless you stay with the 6.25" carnk and the 4.25" Charger pulley.
    I have been running my unit for 10+ years over revving the unit but you need a cooler and a large transmission cooler to keep the temperature down and don't miss a shift or you will be rebuilding the unit.
    Thanks speedytang will let you know what happened when I get the car dynoed on the 23rd of this month.