Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
fmu or not

Thread: fmu or not

SCH Member

fmu or not

I have a ford 383 in a 1991 mustang, it has 36# injectors and its running off an accel gen 6. I am waiting to install a D1 making 12#'s of boost. It doesn't have a fmu. My question is can I get away with the 36s on that boost, or would I need a fmu, or do I need bigger injectors first. what would you reccomend 42s or 50s.
    Thanks Steve

off to general tech :)
    Chris...

Current beast: 1994 Ford Mustang Cobra #379 - slated up for a windsor and some boost

Stangs and other SVT products I've owned...

2001 F150 SVT Lightning (Silver)
    JDM Stage 1 & 2 kit and 3k+ worth of audiosex
    [ sold... ]

91 Ford Mustang LX Sport 5.0
    Novi 1000 - 8" Crank Powered & Nitrous Works Powered R.I.P. Friend, it was fun! [ sold... ]

93 Ford Mustang Cobra #4549 w/an s-trim and all the goodies(Metallic Teal) [ sold... ]

#001 8" Crank Pulley Club

Frank Woodall: I would "never" trailer my car.......to me , that would be like dating a "Penthouse Pet" and not having sex with her....... :D

"ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED, NEVER OUT GUNNED"

Mustang Videos! Watch'em, upload'em and we host them at:

Using an FMU would only be crutch that would never run to its potential. A 50 pound would probably get the job done, but they may not be enough depending on how much boost your going to run.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Junior SCH Member
    I have been running my car with out an FMU for years now, Road Racing with out a problem... I do Run MSD 50# injectors.... so far, its worked for me... Oh, and I am running 12lbs of boost, 465RWHP...

SCH Member
    I have since upgraded to 50's too. Now I definatly dont have to use a fmu.