Thread: Rocker Studs

Senior SCH Member

Rocker Studs

So has anyone broken any rocker studs before? Well I did, actually a bout a 1.5 months ago. Yep, for some odd reason, 1 of my 7/16 studs broke when I was getting on the freeway. I only revved it to about 5200 or so. I've been driving this combo for almost 2 years now. Very weird! I bought my AFR 185's used a while back and never really trusted the roller rockers on them. Sooo now I'm replacing all of the 7/16 studs with 3/8 studs and getting 3/8 comp pro magnums - http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Cu...g/HTML/311.asp

Has anyone tried these or heard anything good about them? From what I've been told, they're better than the crane golds.

I use them. They are great and I have had no problems at all in 2 years. The good thing about them is that they are rebuilable.
    1993 notch, 357W forged pistons 9.2-1 comp,Vortech S-trim 3" / 8" pullies, AFR 185 heads, Trick Flow R intake, Anderson B451 cam, PMAS 80mm, 06 PMS, 60# injectors, 3.55 gears and PA SC C4, Dual Walbro fuel system. Best ET 10.35 @ 135mph