Last night some friends of mine and I went to the track thinking the air would be really good. With 550 psi of measley bottle pressure and the 75 pills, I managed a 12.76@111mph w/ a 1.96 60'.

A buddy of mine has an SQ trim at 10#s, and his car was running excellent. After a buddy broke an axle, this guy decided to give me a ride to show me what the pull of a centrifugal car is like.
I think I want one REALLY bad now! :laugh:

First off, this guy's combo seems a little off-the-wall to be running what it does, but here goes:

It's a full-weight '92 GT with '93 Cobra wheels, with 3.55 gears, a TKO trans, and a DSS 9:1 306. It has out-of-box Edelbrock 6037s, a stock Cobra intake, a stock cam with 1.7 rockers, 255 in-tank + T-Rex and 36 # injectors, long-tubes, and Dynamax catback.

On the 17" Nittos, last night's best was 11.48@126 mph. The mph range was from 124-126 all night. Its best on this combo was 128 in better air. This is on 8° timing, 46#s of fuel, and a little mix of 108.

Is such a modest combo like this known for such good mph? Riding in his car made me really want to consider getting an S trim for my car, but my questions to some gurus are:

-AFR 165s; would 185s be a better head for boost?
-Edelbrock Performer intake; would a Peformer RPM, or something different be better?
-Cam; is a custom-grind or shelf-blower cam worth it when a stock cam can produce that kind of power and help retain driveability?

Just seeing what some people think!