Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What are your Winter plans???

Thread: What are your Winter plans???

What are your Winter plans???

Since it's still 90* here in good ole' Houston in late Oct.!!! I haven't made any plans for the car except drive it. Everytime i plan on going to the track it Rains, the damn track will be closed by the time i get to actually go. For some of you i'm sure Old Man Winter has set in. So i'll try and not b****too much. Anyway haven't heard from some of you lately, chime in and tell me something like your planning on building a mustang time machine!!!LOL :D
    Jorge

Senior SCH Member
    thats good ole TX almost racing all year round :D.

Well our plans was to do the rearend, but since we had alittle problem ;) , its time to build a motor. But we are going to put in a stock 302 , stock heads, with a E-cam, cobra intake and and athat about it. LOL. Manily so we can move the car around. Heck I might trailer that mid/high 8sec beast out to the track (1/8 mile LMAO ) to see how it runs. But after my unlce gets done with his 351 motor he is building, we will be getting his old 351 thats in his car. Put that in and back to the track to run some mid to low 7's on motor. He runs 8.0-8.1's on DR's in a 81 Capri, it has a F-cam, gt-40intake, and gt-40 heads. With my TFS heads and my car being alot lighter and with slicks and more suspension work done I think it will go mid 7's if not low 7's. Heck we are going to have the PMS on there so might do some tuning to get more out of it. I'll be playing around with that while saving up and builcing up the Dart turbo motor.
    89 GT - old combo -AOD, S-trimed, 302, stock short block - 6.67@106 with a 1.60 60ft, 4.10 gears. dyno 474rwhp, best in 1/4 3.55 gears 10.83@128 1.67
    Damn them stock cranks :(
    new comb in the works Dart 331 turbo :D

98 GT - its a turd, but I like it ;)
    00 F-250 CC PSD 2WD- chip, converter

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Installing a 800hp daily driven dual superchargerd engine in my '89 a G-Force 5speed and a 9" rearend, some autocross safety equipment to add strength to the car and still allow rear seat access and maybe after 17 years maybe sand and spray the car. If I get at least the engine and trans in I will be happy, but so many other cars to work on before I get to my own.

:teeth: To make my rolling heap a driving heap.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Well my car is going away shortly but there are a few things I'll be doing before next spring:

Fix exhaust leak at header flange between it and the H-Pipe

Adding a Walbro GSL-392 in-line for safety sake. I also have a set of Pro-M fuel rails coming that I scored on Ebay. Not sure if I'll put those on or not this year as I may hold off until I do an entire fuel system from the tank forward.

New wheels and tires. Tired of the Cobra R's although I still love how they look. Simply way too many have them so it's time for them to go. Currently finalizing an order for a set of iForged 3 piece wheels...18 x9's (265 tires) and 18 x 10's (295 tires) This will be the last big ticket purchase for the car.

Other than that I'll be helping my buddy design and fab a DIY Turbo kit for his '86 Mustang GT.

Wow sounds like you guy's have alot planned!
    • Brandon i like the 331 turbo plan!
    • Speedytang i've got to see that! make sure and post some pics for us.
    • Brent that really sounds good, get-r-done and throw away those damn jackstands! lol
    • Hawk05 you've got it under controll, it's true everyone has cobra r's, down here they all have Bogarts.
    Jorge

Winter plans - store it running :)

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    Pay off my MasterCard.

Ian lol You know eventually it'll run out of gas.:D I'm with Alex, paying off the MasterCard! That will be my 2005 Winter plan also. :(
    Jorge

Senior SCH Member
    well i broke my stock crank and split the block too! and took out some parts at the same time. so it looks like a 331 and MAYBE a C4 or AOD
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Winter plans - store it running :)

Ian
    yes that would be refreshing. :freaks: Honestly all i need is a fuel system and a good race converter and i'll be ready to rock. Although my car has gone from 80% street/20% strip to prolly the opposite with the latest upgrades but it's gonna be bad fast! ;) I plan on buying another car for a cruiser and it will certainly be blown.....I want an 86 and to try to find out how fast i can go with SD.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

first and foremost: c4
    2nd: full suspension
    3rd: wolfe racecraft 10pt chromoly cage
    4th: money and time permitting trickflow heads and some sort of intake.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

AOD BABY:blob: and new 3" exhaust & 1 7/8 Long tubes.(TKO and 700rwhp just don't mix for long.) Plus all new gaskets on the motor.

COGS and AJE K-member possibly.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Fix oil leak around distributor hole! "The Machine shop plained it on a slight angle"!

Get it painted with my tax returns money ;)

Thats about it "I think"
    Mark
    90 GT, With a Forged 383 Chevy, AFR 227 heads, BDS 6-71 Blower with 2 750 edelbrock carbs, all braided lines, TH-400 reverse manual valve body to back it up, and so much more.....
    Want to see?????

Old Times with 302...
    T-5: 12.671@110.52mph(1.951 60ft.)
    Tremec TKO: 12.275@110.89(1.758 60ft)

Sounds like we all have alot to do, so roll up the sleeves or parka's and let's get it done or (get-r-dun) depending on what part of the country your from. :D
    Jorge