Thread: Novi 2k reliability?

SCH Member

Novi 2k reliability?

Have any of you guys had any problems with your Novi 2k that you've had to send it back to Paxton for? Does anyone know what it costs to rebuild one if you voided your warranty?
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

Old Combo - 148k mile stock bottom end, P&P E7s, AOD, NX wet kit
    428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

I had mine on since May of this yr and drove it just about every day until I put the car up for the winter last month and I had no isses w/ the blower at all. I put about 10,000 on the car this summer and besides an annoying belt squeek that I have the blower ran mint all summer.
    Power Adder- Paxton Novi 2000/UPR Power Pipe Injectors- FMS #30's MAF- C&L 76MM TB- Edelbrock 70 MM Intake- 95 Cobra Upper/lower Exhaust- Full Exhaust Magnaflow Cat Back Misc- Romac Ballancer, Tri Ax Shifter Ignition- MSD 6 Guages- Autometer Boost/water temp Appearance- Saleen 351 Spoiler/ Clear Dimond Head lights/ Chrome Steeda Ultra Lite II's

Senior SCH Member
    They are extremely reliable. I have never had an issue with mine on my Real Street car.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Junior SCH Member
    If I remember right its about $375 for bearings, seals & labor.
    I bought mine used with about 40k miles on it & it needed the front seal replaced (was leaking).I had them tear it apart & put in new bearings & seals.
    Since the overhaul I've put over 10k miles on it & no problems what so ever.