Thread: Is a 5spd better than a AOD on a Supercharged Stang?

Junior SCH Member

Is a 5spd better than a AOD on a Supercharged Stang?

I am torn between yanking my AOD and swapping a tremec i have or should i just get a C4, i hear conflicting stories, most people say the aod is better since it keeps me up in the RPM but i my aod feels like a dud.

For the record its a NOVI2K on TFS track heat heads intakes and 1.72 rockers.

:teeth: Well i'm a hardcore dragrace C4 guy just so you know what to expect.

What are your goals? if you don't drive it "alot" and you're not a 5 speed addict, then a C4 is the way to go. I've had a horrible past with AOD's but there are alot of guys that really make them work.

Tell me more about your setup? Whats it run?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    like regattacopue said tell us more. Also whats done to the AOD now?

Casue I have loved my AOD, layed down nice #'s and times. Best it did was 6.67@106 with 474hp and 4.10gears (no 1/4 times) and then it layed down 440hp (i think in between 430-450) and ran a 10.83@128 in the 1/4 with 3.55 (it was down on hp, not for sure on what happen) And then finally the crank split on it :D
    89 GT - old combo -AOD, S-trimed, 302, stock short block - 6.67@106 with a 1.60 60ft, 4.10 gears. dyno 474rwhp, best in 1/4 3.55 gears 10.83@128 1.67
    Damn them stock cranks :(
    new comb in the works Dart 331 turbo :D

98 GT - its a turd, but I like it ;)
    00 F-250 CC PSD 2WD- chip, converter

Like Regatta, I have been racing a C-4 for about 12 years now,,, its a great tranny, but it has no overdrive. I am getting tired of not having overdrive, so this winter I am going to put in a G-Force T-5 to have a bit more fun with the car. I am going to keep the C-4 just in case I want to put it back in.... Lee
    1988 5.0 Mustang,, 3" flair body kit, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, 347 FRPP Forged Stroker, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, FPS 200cc Alum Heads, Comp Blower Cam, G-Force T-5, Anderson Clutch,,, ect ect ect

POWDER & CERAMIC COATING - www.pristinepc.com
    SUPERCHARGER BELT TENSIONERS- www.elkperformance.com

I wanna get my kicks before the whole $hithouse goes up in flames -

how much can you change from t-5 to c4 cost i mean

and how much will it hold up too i dont know how much power i got for sure but i know the t-5 is poop my buddy has only s trim on his and blew 3rd gear easily

im running 347 with d-1 17#pulley im guessing it should have about 600 horses