Thread: Boost limit for bosch bypass?

SCH Member

Boost limit for bosch bypass?

Is there a certain amount of boost that a bosch bypass can hold? Right now im seeing 12.5-12.7psi with my S-trim and going to be swapping pulleys to achieve 15psi or so. Will the bosch be sufficient or should i look into getting like a vortech mini-race?

Senior SCH Member
    it will hold up for a little bit, but i wouldnt depend on it. id get a Vortech mini valve, i run one and im very happy with it.
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

SCH Member
    only problem im seeing trying to use a Mini-Race is im still using that shitty plastic discharge pipe that comes with the kit. So i guess ill just have to get something made from aluminum since im not going to switch to a foxbody setup.

im seeing 16psi with my stock bosch ....no problems so far ...but i plan on upgrading fairly soon....

on a side note...those of you with a mondo or race bypass.....how big of a difference is there between the 2? i think i am going to go with the race bypass for fitment issues...
    89 GT TFS Heads Systemax Intake
    TFS 2 cam 3:55s Novi 2000 42#ers
    466hp / 409 torque ;)
    10.58 @ 121 mph