Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
not happy with new inatke and thottle body - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: not happy with new inatke and thottle body

Junior SCH Member
    i just looked at this again , it looks like i should put the stock cam back in the pig, would it work good with a blower over the ecam

Senior SCH Member
    may i ask whats the purpose of you using the 1" spacer??
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

Junior SCH Member
    it came with the intake when i got it, also i run the tall trickflow valve covers and need the spacer so the thottle cable wont hit.

Junior SCH Member superchargedfox's Avatar
    I bet your TQ killer is that spacer. Tody's intakes are designed with specific runner lengths to provide the most power. By adding the spacer you are changing the way the intake was designed to run. Try the combo without the spacer and I bet you will feel an improvement.

I went through the same thing with my GT40 intake. I added a 1" spacer and it felt slower. After I removed the spacer it felt much better. Try a smaller 3/8", I don't know if it will clear the valve covers though. There are several articles on this, just do a google search for "runner length efi mustang".

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by superchargedfox; 01-15-2005 at 09:34 PM.

Senior SCH Member
    yeah lose the spacer and check your #'s then im more than sure they will go UP
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

Junior SCH Member
    If you guys think it will really help out i'll check it out, if i need to i will change the valve covers so i can take it off.