Thread: NOVIPOWER Chat Replay February 12, 2003

NOVIPOWER Chat Replay February 12, 2003

Attached is the complete chat session from Februarty 12, 2003.

Special thanks to J.R. Granatelli for all his tips and support!!

Ian

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the document.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Junior SCH Member
    I had a couple of questions after reading this (Thanks Ian). I have a straight discharge Novi 2000 with a S/N of 5154. According to JR, this would be the 154th Novi 2000 made. I am running this on the passenger side with a custom (poorly made) elbow. Is there some kind of premade elbow or outlet tube for this type of setup. Are there any problems with these early Novis that I should be aware of? Is there any way to tell if it has been rebuilt previously? Thanks.
    '88 LX Coupe, 410 cubic inch FRPP W351 block, TFS-R heads, GT-40 lower, Holcomb Civil Wars upper, Cam Motion solid roller, Paxton Novi 2000 cog drive S/N 5154, Tremec TKO, FRPP EPEC stand alone.

'94 Corvette Coupe, LT1, 6 speed, 13.391 @ 104.41 mph

You are very welcome ;)

I am going to send this thread to J.R himself and see if he can answer all your questions.

Thanks!

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    Novi408 - You have a great Novi - this is a unit that can be spun 65,000 rpm pretty safe. The serial number indicates it was biult by the real Paxton racers. as for elbow, I would recommend you go to a professional fab shop and they can whip you u something nice

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks everybody. I am hoping to get the car running in the next month or so. It has been in the garage getting rebuilt for the last year, so I am pretty anxious to get it together and running. Once everything checks out, I will probably have someone make me a new oulet pipe. Livernois Motorsports did a good job on the inlet pipe, although it was a little expensive. I'm pretty anxious to see the new Granatelli blower too.
    '88 LX Coupe, 410 cubic inch FRPP W351 block, TFS-R heads, GT-40 lower, Holcomb Civil Wars upper, Cam Motion solid roller, Paxton Novi 2000 cog drive S/N 5154, Tremec TKO, FRPP EPEC stand alone.

'94 Corvette Coupe, LT1, 6 speed, 13.391 @ 104.41 mph

Great! Make sure you take lots of pics and upload them.

Ian