Thread: The numbers are in!

Junior SCH Member

The numbers are in!

The car is a stock 1993 cobra with a Vortech SC-Trim blower which has been upgraded with a powerpipe and 8 rib setup. The car made 330 rear wheel horsepower at 5400 rpms and 350 ft/lbs of torque at 4100 rpms. The car was having problems past 5400 rpms. It was sputtering and losing power past 5400. We did change the FMU disc from 10:1 back to 12:1. I regapped the plugs tonight (they actually looked good already @ .030), but I regapped them anyway. If this doesn't fix the problem it may be I am maxing out my 24lb injectors. If anyone has any advice or knows why the car is acting this way please let me know so I can fix the problem and see if I can squeeze out some more horsepower.

Im no expert, but it sounds like the injectors are way too small! I would think at least 36s or 42s with a custom chip to be safe, then you wont be relying on the FMU at this point. What are you running for a fuel pump? I saw an ad in the newest Muscle Mustangs that had 42 lb injectors cheap and Lightning mass air for 100 bucks. It will have to be tuned, but it works sweet in my car. The only thing youll need beyond these parts is the harness pigtail for the meter.

Junior SCH Member
    I am running a walbro intank 255 lph fuel pump.

Thumbs up

Looks like you have this end covered. I would look up a good tuner with chip burning and chassis dyno near you and see what they recommend. BTW, I found the ad with the injectors and Lightning meter, www.buyfordracing.com Its the cheapest Ive ever seen them!

Junior SCH Member
    I was talking to a fellow stanger last night and he said 42's were too much for my stock fuel rails, that I should go with 36's. Is this true?

Ive been using 42s with the stock rails AND fuel lines for 2 seasons with no problems whatsoever. If I do any insane hosepower buildup someday (beyond the 500 plus rwhp I have planned for this year) I will go for an Aeromotive set up including the tank, lines and rails. If your keeping the hp #s around 500 at the wheels, a good tuned chip with the 42s etc, should be the ticket.

You need 42's to be safe. 24's way to small.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D