Thread: Will strut tower brace fit w/ Novi 2k?

Junior SCH Member

Will strut tower brace fit w/ Novi 2k?

Since, I installed a Novi-2k on my '92 Mustang LX last fall...I can't get my strut tower brace to fit (hits the intake elbow from SC to TB). I have to run a 1" spacer between my GT-40 upper/lower intake to compensate for my "tall" Trick Flow valve covers. I ran those valve covers b/c the stock valve covers wouldn't fit over my FMS 1.6 Roller Rockers.

My question is: If I get smaller valve covers, so I can get rid of the intake spacer....will my strut tower brace go back on? I think I only need about a 1/2" more of clearance. I have heard that '87-88 stock valve covers (=cheap/free) will clear 1.6 rockers. Anyone else heard that? I really don't want to go out and buy the "short" Trick Flow valve covers, but I will do whatever it takes to get that strut tower brace back on.

Thanks in advance!!!

Don't know I had a saleen strut tower brace and it would not clear when I had the holley intake on.

Senior SCH Member
    i put clay on the rockers and cranked the motor to chech the height on the tight spots.
    Last edited by blownzoom440; 03-04-2005 at 06:16 AM. Reason: spelling
    "69"Satellite,440,8-71,996hp at 6K/983TQ at 4K,4000lbs.

Junior SCH Member
    Anyone else?

SCH Member
    I have a Novi 2000 with an Edelbrock Performer and my MM strut tower wont clear the discharge tube. When ever you find out anything please let me know. I want a strut tower brace back. I know that MM is one of the best but I would be willing to "downgrade" to a smaller one if need be. Also the MM attached to the pince weld where the vacuum lines run. It does not bolt to the cowl area.

Eric

P.S. I ran my stock 93 covers with Scorpion 1.6's. I did have to grind the cover with the oil fill neck on it but besides that they fit great.