Thread: Single Belt Novi 1000 ??'s

Senior SCH Member

Question Single Belt Novi 1000 ??'s

I know that I have read on here that the single belt Novi 1000 with the F150 crank pulley will put out more boost than the Revised Novi. IS THIS TRUE?? I thought that they were the same internals? Can the Revised Novi produce the same boost levels with a pulley change. OR does the single belt novi have a higher impeller speed of 55,000. I think that is the Max impeller speed for a NOVI.

Can someone confirm this.

Thanks, Rusty :weird: :shocked:

Junior SCH Member
    i believe the single belt novi1000 with an 8" crank pulley spins faster than a 2 rib novi1k with JUST an 8" crank pulley. i believe the 2 belt requires a blower pulley as well.

Senior SCH Member
    What I can't understand is that I read about people with HCI and the single belt Novi making 12-14lbs of boost. How can that be? I have the revised novi 1000 with a 3.00 pulley and the stock novi 1000 pulley and I see around 8-9 lbs of boost. If I with a smaller pulley on the novi I will over spin the blower.

No the internals are the same... so your using the stock crank that came with the kit, so thats 7"... and i believe that the f-150 crank is 7.5"... So that would be the difference if I'm right on those measurments.

If i'm wrong it could be attributed to a false reading on the boost guage... I know mine reads 10lbs but when hooked up to a dyno and tested off 2 different places it only read 8lbs.
    432 rwhp 404 rwtq.........11.76 @ 120mph on nitto's!!!
    Novi 1000, 8lbs of boost, stock cam, performer intake and heads, 65mm TB, 75mm MAF, 1 5/8" long tubes, 3.55's, 555 DR's (dyno'd on mustang dyno)
    Daily Driver
    My idling Novi 1000 vid
    1/4 mile run Sorry it's a little old now
    Club Videos
    Pics&Mods

Junior SCH Member
    you need an 8" crank from vortech renegade, and the 3.0 in order to max out the blower. besides the amount of boost is just a measure of back pressure. you can have less but use it more efficiently than someone else. boost does not = power its just a measurement of pressure. i'm getting 5-7# boost and after id o my heads and cam i'm going to get considerable less how ever i'll be making alot more power. also put some belt dressing onto the belt perhaps its slipping and you don't even know..

Single belt 1000's have a 3" pulley from the factory and when you put the 6.5" F150 pulley to them they make 8-9 psi. Guys mking 12-13 on the single belts run either the 8" crank/3" blower makes 15, and the 6.5" crank and 2.75" blower pulley does about the same thing.

Rusty, the hottest two belt setup going is the 8" crank and 3.25" blower pulley. The blower won't be taxxed and should easilly make 12-14 psi on a 302 and be pretty puch slip free in the belt zone.

Mycar made 10 psi with a pipe, 3.5" pulley and 8" crank and was extremely fast! Really shocked alot of S-trim guys @ the track.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    Right now I have the stock crank pulley that came with the revised novi 1000 and I have since changed the head unit pulley to a 3.00. With the 3.00 pulley on the novi what size crank pulley do I need to see 10-12 lbs of boost. And can I do it safely with out maxing out the impeller speed?