Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

additional blower brace.

Thread: additional blower brace.

Senior SCH Member

additional blower brace.

Does anybody make a blower brace for the Novi? I know HPM makes a nice one for the Vortech that attached to a header primary/exhaust port. Is there something similar that's made for a Novi? or even a brace that ties into the shock tower...specifically for a passenger side mount?

If not, does anybody have pics of one that was fabricated?
    TwEECer & Custom Chip Sales/Tuning - www.v8mustang.com

I don't think anyone makes one simply because the Novi 2K brackets are so good. There's no comparison between The Vortech bracketry and the Novi.

Look at that little plate holding that on

Compared to this No Flex monstrosity

Senior SCH Member
    I know. I've had both blowers. But I'd still like some way to triangulate it.

Look at the one in PRC's photopost. He has a brace on his driver side mount. I was thinking of building one for the passenger mount similar to how that one is mounted to the head unit. I can definitely make that plate here at work. I'll let ya know if I ever decide to go that route, I'll have a few made.

Senior SCH Member
    sweet! If you decide to make one for a passenger side mount, definitely include me!!!

Junior SCH Member
    Here is mine. Once I get the new blower bracket finished, I may clean this up some, but this is the way it was when I bought the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '88 LX Coupe, 410 cubic inch FRPP W351 block, TFS-R heads, GT-40 lower, Holcomb Civil Wars upper, Cam Motion solid roller, Paxton Novi 2000 cog drive S/N 5154, Tremec TKO, FRPP EPEC stand alone.

'94 Corvette Coupe, LT1, 6 speed, 13.391 @ 104.41 mph

Senior SCH Member
    That's a different way to a mount a Novi! THat must be a home brew mounting bracket. I've never seen a straight discharge blower still mounted on the passenger side!
    TwEECer & Custom Chip Sales/Tuning - www.v8mustang.com

Very cool..never seen that before.

Ian

Junior SCH Member
    It is different. The picture above is the way the car was when I bought it. When the balancer broke and messed up the crank, I went ahead and had a new shortblock built. Since everything was all set up for that blower mounting position, I am electing to leave it there. You can see the new bracket I am working on here:
    http://www.novipower.com/forums/show...p?threadid=558

Once that is done, I will have to get a new outlet tube made as the short custom piece shown is about as worthless as the old blower bracket.
    '88 LX Coupe, 410 cubic inch FRPP W351 block, TFS-R heads, GT-40 lower, Holcomb Civil Wars upper, Cam Motion solid roller, Paxton Novi 2000 cog drive S/N 5154, Tremec TKO, FRPP EPEC stand alone.

'94 Corvette Coupe, LT1, 6 speed, 13.391 @ 104.41 mph