Thread: clocking the Blower

Junior SCH Member

clocking the Blower

He guys, i know there is a thread on this in the faq's but the link is dead, i'm a newb to the blower game, any help on how to clock the blower would be appeciated, the discharge tube sits way to high, i have an aftermarket cowl hood and it doesn't clear, i've been told to clock the blower but how do I go about doing it?

thanks Mike

Senior SCH Member
    There are 6, I think, small bolts around the perimeter of the blower housing. They have little triangular looking tabs attached to them. Just loosen all of those (you do not have to remove them) and the discharge side of the blower will then swivel. You can then turn it to where you need it and then tighten those bolts back down.

I know that may not be the most clear set of directions but you will see what I am talking about once you look for the little tabs/triangles around the inlet hole of the blower. I had never heard of doing that either when I started installing my blower and its even better how Paxton doesnt mention it at all in the instructions. Its really easy though and you shouldnt have to remove the blower to do it. Just be sure not to over tighten those bolts when you snug them back down.

Good luck, Ryan
    1991 Notchback
    Stock 80K mi. short block, Twisted Wedge Heads w/ upgraded valve springs, Crane 2030 cam, Edel. Performer Intake, Accufab 65mm TB, full exhaust w/ LT's, "built" AOD w/ 2600-2800 stall, Novi 1000, 8" crank pulley, Powerpipe, 42# inj, 255 lph, full MSD ignition etc etc.
    Best ET: 11.0006 (so close!) @ 124.86 mph (1.59 60ft)

2000 Lightning
    FTVB, 2" rear drop, and a JLP CAI!
    Best ET: 13.39 @ 102.8 mph (2.04 60ft)

Junior SCH Member
    thanks for the info, yeah the paxton istructions leave quite abit out
    later Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by NothinButNotch
    There are 6, I think, small bolts around the perimeter of the blower housing. They have little triangular looking tabs attached to them. Just loosen all of those (you do not have to remove them) and the discharge side of the blower will then swivel. You can then turn it to where you need it and then tighten those bolts back down.

I know that may not be the most clear set of directions but you will see what I am talking about once you look for the little tabs/triangles around the inlet hole of the blower. I had never heard of doing that either when I started installing my blower and its even better how Paxton doesnt mention it at all in the instructions. Its really easy though and you shouldnt have to remove the blower to do it. Just be sure not to over tighten those bolts when you snug them back down.

Good luck, Ryan