Thread: 331 stroker/novi 1k

Senior SCH Member

331 stroker/novi 1k

here is the deal. i have just recently scored a 331 stroker R block. but with the novi1k, edelbrock rpm heads 2.02/1.60 valves, anderson b4 cam 540 lift, long tubes, victor 5.0 intake ported upper/lower, 42lbs injectors with aeromotive fuel system..

i just have a feeling this motor is going to be to much for the novi1k since it only gets about 8 lbs boost with the f150 pulley.

just give me some opinions about if the supercharger is enough for the motor.

i can always change pulleys again to something bigger on crank or smaller on blower.

see what u think

thanks
    '

Well the 2K would be better suited to your engine as it can take 15+lbs of boost with your R.

How much boost do you want? How fast do you want to go?

Ian

Damn ken that car is gonna be a handfull. I say try the 1000 and see what happens. Even if it only makes 5 pounds of boost that thing will be scary.

I say since you already have the 1k you should try and see what you can get out of it.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Senior SCH Member
    thanks for the info, i am going to give the 1k a try first and maybe change pulleys before i ever move up to the 2k. i just cant afford to more mods right now. i got the engine for a real sweet deal but have to stay on budget now..