Thread: where to get upgrade parts for sn89

Junior SCH Member

where to get upgrade parts for sn89

i have a sn89 and want to upgrade to 1000 internals.i was going to go vr4 but the kit is 650 from paradise.i heard somewhere you can upgrade to 1000 internals for 200.00? anyone know where to get this?

Junior SCH Member
    you can not up grade your unit to a 1000! A 1000 is a gear driven unit and your sn89 is a ball driven unit. to completely different units and no way to inner change parts. who ever told you this has no idea about superchargers and would give you bad advice! there is only 2 things you can do!! upgrade to an M2 impeller which is a custom stock one or a VR4 kit!

Junior SCH Member

ttt

thanks for the advice.i thought the same thing but im new to this supercharging thing lol.what would i need to get 9 or 10lb from this sn89?would powerpipe help any?right now its 6lb my car is 88 mustang with stock heads,intake,cam has 24lb injecters,long tube headers,3.73 gears. it ran 13.64 with 2.20 60ft on radials..i havent got the sn89 on it yet but i hope to get mid 12's on slicks.you think its possiable?like i said ive always sprayed them never supercharged.my old stang was same set up as this 1 and it ran 12.13@114 with 150 shot...

Junior SCH Member
    if you got the mod impeller it would cost only $100 with the trade in of your stock one at paridice wheel. That would give up to 1-3lbs of boost max! A power pipe! 1-3lbs more boost! An NOS kit would help big time because the shot would cool the air charge! But I would use a 150shot. I would use a 75 because when it comes down to it on a dyno that 75 will make it to be about 100 with the blower! You got stock heads with no wire lock head gaskets and not sure if you have arp bolts/studs?? you will loose a head gasket soon under those conditions. The combo is great! But use 30lbs injectors if you do that stuff! You will run lean!!

Junior SCH Member

ttt

ok thanks. i plan on getting edelbrock heads with o-rings,not sure what cam yet,gt40 intake,that sort of thing later on when money allows.i forgot to mention i also have 255 pump in it..i will spray it soon as i get it together and tuned with just the charger but only like 50 shot with the 5lb boost....

spot, a friend runs 12.teens @ 110-112 with 4.10's slicks, a sn89, C&L 76, 30#r's, and a 3.75" pulley. He also has a full mac exhaust but that is it! btw this is with a 1.6X 60'.

Get a powerpipe, MAF, injectors, and let it rip.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    Saleen88 needs some help to get off those stimulants....:D

F=MA

Junior SCH Member
    also how much atf does this charger hold?

Senior SCH Member
    About 1/2 a quart or so...check the dipstick while you are filling it.

F=MA

Junior SCH Member
    ok thanks

Junior SCH Member
    will the 24# injecters be ok with my fmu and speed density?i already did the map vacuum split so thats taking care of now and car is running good just a little rich. of course i guess rich is better then lean lol

Senior SCH Member
    You can't run upgraded injectors with SD unless you run something like the Anderson PMS, a Crane Interceptor II, like I did, or some such to adjust the EEC.

You will make shitty power, get shitty mileage and the car will run like **** too.

19s can support 350 hp max, using an FMU. Are you there yet? If so, you need to go to mass air and/or find some way to change the values in the eec. if you're not, go back to 19s.

F=MA

Junior SCH Member
    i took the car out last night and runs real strong just has hesitation when you first stomp it...im thinking thats the eec not knowing what to do with the 24# injecters....so if anyone has a plate for a vortech fmu thats calibrated for 19# injecters let me know i have a 30 and 36# plate i will trade for it

Senior SCH Member
    It's 14:1 and it was a Paxton part. It'll fit your Vortech FMU without trouble. With a good pump, it gives about 70 psi or so at full romp. Check Ebay.

The 24s add a huge amount of fuel to the curve all the way through and the SD EEC can't remove more than a tiny fraction. Have someone follow you, at the low end/mid, you're laying a cloud like Sheffied hunting Bismarck, I guarantee that, as well as smoking up the combustion chamber and plugs.

KC