Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
ASP smog pump eliminator Failed!!!!!

Thread: ASP smog pump eliminator Failed!!!!!

ASP smog pump eliminator Failed!!!!!

Put it on the car just in time for the MM&FF magazine shoot. After further inspection, it was the ASP pulley! Drove the car maybe 30 miles. When i took pulley out the next day, i couldn't believe my eyes! first they use a grade 5 bolt, then there was a, get this, a ALUM. bushing that fit loosely inside the bearing that the bolt goes thru which was loose also, they should have used a steel bushing, you have a steel bearing case and a steel bolt and your going to use a ALUM. bushing! Then there is a bigger ALUM. Spacer behind the pulley that was sloppy also.Somebody doesn't know how to use a MIC @ ASP! You could wiggle the pulley back and forth a good 3/32 of an inch! and they used these thin @ss washers in front and back of the bearing. This was just poor engineering period. I just wish i had the lathe and mill to build one myself. When i took that little ALUM. bushing out, it looked like an egg inside! After only 30 miles LOL BTW what Eliminators are you guy's using without issues. P.S. i'm using stock tension on the belt.
    Jorge

My asp deal has worked so far.

I've had my asp on my car for 4+ years..
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Junior SCH Member
    I have the steeda one. Not a single problem.

Simon

Junior SCH Member
    I have one of UPR's new ultra light ones on my car and no problems. It has the holes drilled out on the pulley and is slightly lighter than the normal smog eliminator.

I figured you guy's would have ASP's without issues, but i opted fot the UPR this time since they claim that there's doesn't fail like the others. Will see!!! thanks for the reply's everyone!
    Jorge

Senior SCH Member
    Right now I'm running a stock smog pump that I gutted. I didn't feel like paying $60 for a billet one right now.
    NOVI 1000 power.

Proud customer of http://www.speedconcepts.net

Quote Originally Posted by Krwy
    Right now I'm running a stock smog pump that I gutted. I didn't feel like paying $60 for a billet one right now.
    The only reason i didn't cause i might need my smog pump again, it still functions and has a good bearing. 13 years old!!!! If all aftermarket parts had that kind of quality, we would have it made, with the exception of the Price :D
    Jorge

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blueoval92
    The only reason i didn't cause i might need my smog pump again, it still functions and has a good bearing. 13 years old!!!! If all aftermarket parts had that kind of quality, we would have it made, with the exception of the Price :D
    I didn't use my smog pump. I picked on up for free that someone had laying around. Got it from the original owner of the car, and he still has the car.
    NOVI 1000 power.

Proud customer of http://www.speedconcepts.net

Senior SCH Member
    Ive had a ASP smog eliminator for 6yrs, after about 2yrs use the bearing failed on me, I got a sealed bearing from my local hardware store and I havnt had an issue since.
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

UPDATE!!

UPR failed to tell me after a week that there's were on back order. since everyone has had luck with there's, i got another ASP from JD"S PERFORMANCE put it on the car and it's fine so far. if it fails i'll get a Space Shuttle bearing! LOL
    Jorge