-10:1 compression(I know that is high) I have Cometic Gaskets
    -Gapless Rings
    -Forged Rods
    -Forged Crank
    -Novi 1000 with a 3.00 pulley
    -JBA headers
    -BBK off rad X-Pipe
    -2 1/2 Flow Master Cat Back
    -No AC, Smog, Power Steering, All sound deading removed.
    -No Fog lights
    -No back seat
    -Poly seats, and 5 point harnesses
    -Weld's 15x4 and 15x8
    -275-50-15 Nitto DR's soon to be MT DR's
    -70/30's
    -50/50's
    -double adjustable upper set at -3 degree's
    -hpm lower
    -subframes
    -8 point cage
    -re-enforced torque boxes
    -torque link
    -no front sway bar
    -stock rear sway bar

What do you guys think this will run in the qtr?
    Last edited by allthrottle; 03-24-2005 at 10:09 PM. Reason: forgot something

Senior SCH Member
    Anybody?

blown5oh
    Hard to say........depends really on how good of a driver you are. The car probably has a low-mid 11 in it, but it depends on you really. Plus, is the car tuned properly?

Should be capable of 10's as long as you run some good gas and drive it hard. I didn't see moser axels on there anywhere?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    I forgot to list the 31 spline Moser's. I'll probally run 114 octane. As well as a SCT Tune by Randy Haywood at HayWood Custom Speed(Formerly True Blue Performance).
    I'm really shooting for the 10's. Thanks for the reply's.

Rusty

You can do it. just remember what I said about the pullies on the 1000. FWIW with the 8" and 3.5" pulley you'd have the same boost # but you'd have it a lil sooner and you'd have next to zero ammount of slip. then change to the 3.25 and hang on!
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Senior SCH Member
    So you are saying switch back to a larger head unit pulley? I already have a 3.00 pulley on it with the stock novi 1000 crank pulley. I have not measured the stock novi 1000 crank pulley to be 100% sure on the size. So if I have the stock Novi 1000 crank pulley and the 3.00 pulley on the head unit shouldn't that put me where I need to be or do I need to change 1 of the 2 pulleys to one smaller or one larger?

The stock Novi 1000 crank pulley is 6.87". You should be making 8-9-10psi.......you could try going to a 2.85 or 2.75" blower pulley for more boost but then you'll have to deal with belt slip.

Senior SCH Member
    allthrottle,

I'm assuming you live in NC somewhere near Raleigh, where abouts are you? I'm in Holly Springs and had Ed Clark of SCT tune my car at True Blue. I've still got a little computer bug issue with my car but having only been to the track once since I got tuned I've run a best of 11.36 @ 121mph with the combo in my sig.

I recommend the 8" crank pulley but dont know how much boost you can push safely with your CR. However, with 114 octane fuel you can probably push a fair amount. But with 93 octane and around 19* total timing at WOT I am pushing about 12 #'s of boost with no detonation.
    Do you run down at Fayetteville? I plan and heading back down that way soon. What color is your car? Maybe I'll see you around, Ryan
    1991 Notchback
    Stock 80K mi. short block, Twisted Wedge Heads w/ upgraded valve springs, Crane 2030 cam, Edel. Performer Intake, Accufab 65mm TB, full exhaust w/ LT's, "built" AOD w/ 2600-2800 stall, Novi 1000, 8" crank pulley, Powerpipe, 42# inj, 255 lph, full MSD ignition etc etc.
    Best ET: 11.0006 (so close!) @ 124.86 mph (1.59 60ft)

2000 Lightning
    FTVB, 2" rear drop, and a JLP CAI!
    Best ET: 13.39 @ 102.8 mph (2.04 60ft)

Senior SCH Member
    I live right outside of Raleigh. I live in Selma/Smithfield, 5 miles from I95. I have never ran at Fayettevile. I have a few friends who run their. My car is titanium silver. I run at Brewers, Dunn-Benson, sometimes Kinston. Let me know when you are heading this way, maybe we can meet up somewhere. True Blue, Fast Lane Motorsports and Haywood Custom Speed are all about 20 mins from my house. I'll keep everyone posted. Are you going to Mustang Week this year?

www.mustangweek.com

Thanks for the replys, Rusty

Senior SCH Member
    I'll try and remember to post up here and let you know next time a group of us heads down to Fayetteville. We should be going down soon though. I just recently bought a Lightning and havent gotten to the track yet to get a baseline run for it, so I'm looking forward to doing that.

There is a group of us going down to SC for Mustang Week. We already have our hotel room! We've been down since it started two years ago and hope to keep that tradition going for while. It's a blast (and for us just an excuse to have a "guys" weekend of drinking)!

Hopefully we'll see you around, Ryan

PS If you see a primer grey notch running around with a black hood thats probably me.
    1991 Notchback
    Stock 80K mi. short block, Twisted Wedge Heads w/ upgraded valve springs, Crane 2030 cam, Edel. Performer Intake, Accufab 65mm TB, full exhaust w/ LT's, "built" AOD w/ 2600-2800 stall, Novi 1000, 8" crank pulley, Powerpipe, 42# inj, 255 lph, full MSD ignition etc etc.
    Best ET: 11.0006 (so close!) @ 124.86 mph (1.59 60ft)

2000 Lightning
    FTVB, 2" rear drop, and a JLP CAI!
    Best ET: 13.39 @ 102.8 mph (2.04 60ft)

You're telling us you have all that and you've never been to the track? Who did you just buy that car from? Maybe they know.
    92 Stang LX 5-spd
    Novi1K(old), Cobra Intake, 70mm TB, 90mm MAF, 1.7rr, E-303, GT-40 heads, 30#, 190 lph, Crane Hi-6, FRPP ceramic headers, Summit H-pipe, Edelbrock RPM cat back, 3.73, MAC springs 2" drop, Megabite Jr's, F-150 crank pulley, 2.75" blower pulley, Morpheus pipe, Fidanza AFW, McLeod kevlar clutch, lots of shiny pointless stuff.
    (BlueRevenge on Stangnet forums)
    12.2 @ 114 mph (everyday street tires a few mods ago)

Senior SCH Member
    I have had this car for 5 years now. The car ran 11:68 in the qtr with out a custom tune and the untouched EEC. That was also on Nitto DR's I still had the fog lights in, Factory seats, since then I have put in poly seats and removed some more weight from the car.