Thread: The Ford EEC-IV Aftermarket ECU Options Thread

Question The Ford EEC-IV Aftermarket ECU Options Thread

What Custom ECU Replacement or Piggy-Back system is best for the $$$? Any feedback from people using these different systems would be great!

I'm looking at the following with it's pricing and options:

SCT Microtuner & 4 bank chip, Anderson Ford PMS, Tweecer R/T, or save for the more $$$: Accel DFI Gen/7, AEM, or FAST system. Here's a great write-up on several systems, I got this for someone else here at SCH. http://www.turbomustangs.com/techart...ECUarticle.htm

I really like the "easy to install and use" setup of the PMS. It's priced great at about $900.00 and works real-time with it's own hand held input device where no Laptop/programmer is necessory for changes. I'm told it has one of the easier learning curves too. $900.00 does not include data logging software, it's another purchase and needs a laptop to datalog. I'm leaning towards this setup cause it's price and hand held. Anyone have this setup wish they would of opted for something else?

I also like the SCT (SuperChips) MicroTuner at $399.00 and 4 bank chip for about $800.00. You burn your own chips and the programmer also works on other cars, not just your Mustang. The MicroTuner hooks up to a computer/laptop to make updates and then the tuner connect to the car to reflash the chip. $475.00 for Raptor ODB-II Data Logging abilities. This system's features are more geared towards EEC-V or 99+ mustangs though they offer EEC-IV setups too.

The Tweecer R/T is a great choice too and has a better price then both of the other two I have mentioned. It's about $550.00. Very configurable but not as user friendly, as I've been told/read, as the PMS. This includes data logging abilities. This is a great system too and has a great price.

I want some other peoples opinions on these systems to help all of us that are undecided on what to buy. It's a costly choice so we don't want to make the wrong choice. I'm very computer savy, Network/Systems Engineer, so I can learn to use them all, I'm sure. Not everyone is computer and car savy so their choice may differ because of that.

I will be running a 347 Stroker w/Custom Weisco Pistons @ 8.8:1, Comp Cams (adv. dur 282/294 & @.050 232/244) (vl .565/.580) @ 114 lsa, Canfield Alum Heads, MS 1.6 Roller Rockers, running a Novi 2000 @ 14lb Boost

Anyone want to add anything or give us their opinions/examples Please? :D

Go with the PMS. I know several people who are using them. They are supposed to be very user friendly (no laptop required like the Tweecer, etc.)

However, you can get the INteraq addon program for the PMS and perform even more in depth tuning.

I just purchased one myself. Can't wait to get it installed.

I was considering the AEM setup too. Anyone using this system that can give some opinions? I have a laptop so I'm open to most of them. AEM seems to have more options then the PMS and it's not a piggy-back but a replacement that uses your stock sensors etc.