Thread: BOV questions

Senior SCH Member

BOV questions

i have a drivers side novi 2000 in my 87 gt and i have a question about the bov. Is it possible to run a mondo by-pass on my car with a mass air meter without recirculating the boost back into the track before the blower, so i can just leave it open? I have seen cars doing this but dont know what they do to the bov to keep it from being a huge vacuum leak when under vacuum. Also does anybody make custom discharge tubes on here? If so i can have one made so the bov will be closer to the blower inlet instead of all the way over on the other side. pics can be seen here.http://www.hawaiian50.com/89gt/before_me/20040413a.jpg
    A-4 BASED 321, BILLET CRANK AND RODS, RENEGADE NOVI 2000, C4......

SCH Member
    they use a blow through meter like the univer !!! It's between the blower and the throttle body, thats the only way you can vent it to the atmosphere.....!!!!!

as far as discharge tubes ????? no clue lwt me know if you find someone...!!!!

ps

as far as bob kurgan in your pic he's not using any mass air, it's an aftermarket dfi setup of some kind, most likely seep density... I don't know which brand though...
    Last edited by drgracer392; 05-01-2005 at 08:25 PM.

Senior SCH Member
    thats not bob kurgan that is a guy in hawaii i bought the bloer from

SCH Member
    ops' I though it said fly'n hawaiian sorry ... the rest is on the money though.....been there done that...

Senior SCH Member
    thanks