Thread: Novi1000 combo, estimates and advice!

SCH Member

Novi1000 combo, estimates and advice!

Here's the combo.

Stock motor consisting of Holley Systemax2 intake, stock heads cleaned and a little ported<intake match> MAF conversion, 255 HP walbro fuel pump. Stock injectors, MAF and TB. Paxton FMU. Stock pulley Novi1000<5.5-6lbs>

BBK ceramic long tube headers, 2.5 off road h pipe and 40 series Flowmaster catback system with 2.5 tail pipes.

Tremec tko dual friction with lakewood blowproof with 555R Nitto Drag radials. Home made full length sub frames.

Any advice? Up the fuel and boost? Heads?

Nate

It all depends on what direction you want to go and how much money you want to spend. As it sits now you could benefit greatly from opening up a few of the bottlenecks in your combo, the Holley intake is kick *** but you have it mated up to stock heads and stock T/B & MAF. There are so many roads you can go.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Member
    Yeah, I was going to do Trick Flow Wedge heads when money allows. I was thinking up the boost, fuel injection and mass air/TB. Dyno it then and wait to get money and then do the cam, ect. As it sits, I was hoping for a mid to high 12. Cause I know right now without the blower on, it has to be low 13s for sure.

Nate

Well here's where you stand. If you put on the Tw's without doing any injectors/maf there's no way an FMU and 19's will keep up. If your planning on getting heads later then go ahead and get your pipe/maf/injectors now as you should pick up at least 25rwhp off that and even more torque. if you do the maf,inj's now then I'd get the 8" crank and go to the dyno with all that. With stock heads and cam you could prolly make 350ish @ the wheels with the 8" crank,maf, inj, and powerpipe. Easy 11sec power with that stuff.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D