Thread: what type injectors

Junior SCH Member

what type injectors

Hello guys, I have a 91 lx 5.0 with an sn2000 h/c/i , 255 fuel pump,373 gears, 24# injectors,5spd, c&l 76mm calabrated for 24#, fmu and I want to upgrade my injectors.Did my car come with low or high impedence injectors? What is low and high impedence? Also vennom sells universal injectors from 19lbs to 150lbs for the same price,$229.00. which one should I go with? Has anyone ever used there product? C&l web site only list sample tubes up to 42# for the 76mm . Is this the largest injector this mass air meter will handle? I know I don't need any bigger than the 42# right now but if the price is the same I want to get the largest my car will handle because I might add something else later and I also want to eliminate the fmu.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    36lb is the largest without needing a Tuning Device but with your combo I would go with 42lb injectors but you will have warm start issues and will need to hold the gas pedal to floor when starting hot to shut-off the injectors unless you purchase a Tweecer or a PMS. $229 is really cheap for anything over 36lb so make sure that its not just for 4 of them since Venom usually retails to imports. Anything over 42lb needs special calibration and most even go to Speed Density. How much boost are you seeing at the intake?

Senior SCH Member
    They are high impedance. High impedance versus low is the amount of resistance in the driver coil of the injector. A high impedance injector can more easily be controlled preciselely over short pulsewidths, thus making it desireable for a stock application. Low impedance allows long pulsewidths without frying the driver coil.

You really need some form of tuning device to recal the ECU to be able to dispense with the FMU. 30 lbers are as much as the stock values will take without screwing up things increasingly badly. MAF sample tube changes are a band-aid, at best, just like the FMU is.

Please, buy a quality injector like a Siemens-Deka or Ford Motorsport, rather than some generic stuff. You'll thank me for suggesting this when you try and tune it.

F=MA

Junior SCH Member
    Ok thanks guys, I can't afford a pms right now I'll keep saving my pennies. I'm getting just under 8lb boost at the tee on fire wall I never checked it at intake. I have the btm set at 2. Car runs strong but I know I need more fuel. So I want be able to get rid of the fmu unless I get a pms? I'll take your advice on the injectors.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Just use 36lb injectors(Supports 400rwhp) and you usually will not have starting problems. 8psi is good and the 'T' is the same as the intake but some take the reading at the Supercharger which is always higher and not accurate to what the engines is seeing.

Junior SCH Member
    ok, thanks speedytang