Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Switch from t-5 to automatic

Thread: Switch from t-5 to automatic

Switch from t-5 to automatic

I have a t-5 with Mac 1 3/4" long tube headers. Is switching to an automatic the best way to get my car into the 10's? My car is 95% track and 5% street. Is it possible to keep these headers with an aod, or c-4? I heard that all I have to do is move the o2 sensors and rotate the header to h-pipe flange! Is this true? Are the bends and actual shape the same? Thanks for any help you have.
    306,afr 185's,holley system max,custom solid comp. cam,50#injectors,pro-m 83mm,75mm tb,msd btm,svo rpm exstender,renegade novi 2k=16.5 psi,dynamic mm c4-trans brake 4600 stall,b&m hammer shifter,moroso elect. water pump,aeromotive competition fuel system,8 point cage
    went 7.58@92 1/8 1.64 60ft with an SN 89 @8psi and 30# injectors,t-5 1/4 12.19@115 with s/n 89
    1/4 11.07@126 with novi 2k
    1/4 10.75@145 with 54*air temp

I'm using BBK longtubes that were made for a T5 with my smallbell C4 no problems. No modifications at all. The only thing I did was cut the hangers off of the BBK h pipe because the were useless and just extra weight.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

What is your best 60 and 1/4 mile times with the T5. What trans were you looking at?

Ian

If the car is 95% track as you say then putting an AOD in the car would be almost foolish IMO.

Way more cost and almost twice the weight.

I just had to throw in some jabs at Ian's aod.;)

What do you think I should put in then?

Ian, my best 60ft with the t-5 was 1.64 launching @5000rpm. The best 1/4 mile 12.19 @114.917mph 1.894 60ft on this pass with my old combo.The 1/8 mile time on this pass was 7.919. That combo did go 7.58 @92 in the 1/8 . A sn89 with 8psi,30# injectors,stock fuel system set up. now with novi 2k 16.5psi,50#injectors,areomotive competition fuel system,svo rpm extender,msd btm,spool with 33spline axels. The best I went on novi was 12.42 @114mph. This was on the first pass launching @3000 with a sorry burn out taking it easy. The second and last pass =sorry burnout 5000rpm launch 1.84 60ft pulling the front wheel, then missing second gear like three times and ran like 14.42. I think my second gear sncro is going south. Keep in mind that it is very detuned for safety of head gaskets untill I can have it on the dyno. Base timing 10, msd btm pull out 1.5 degrees per pound of boost@16.5 psi, fuel press @44psi idle with a 1:1 regulator, svo rpm exstender set @ position 7 which is 12:1 air fuel ratio. All sifts made @6200rpm.

LOL Steve thanks ;)

In my case I am 99.9% street, so an AOD is for me. In your case I would get a nice C4 with a large stall.

The C4 will make you faster in the 1/4 for sure!

Ian

Senior SCH Member
    nice jabs lol...now where is the finishing punch lol...

Definitely go with a competition c4, for the most part it's a direct drop in and they can be had fairly cheap for a competition built model. A 157 tooth bell as steve said to gaurantee header clearance. Try not to skimp on the company you go with for your converter also. I've heard wide ranges of quality resulting in power differences. Companies like Precision Industries (PI), or Dynamic's TCT you should go with. Stay away from GRE. I've heard numerous people say to stay away from them (junk). A company I haven't done as much research on but could be good are Performance Automatic (PA). I see lots of guys running their C4, assume the same with their converters.

I see a lot of guys are moving to Powerglides but that's a costly swap. The headers clearing could be questionable also. But something to think about. It's hard to recommend without knowing your goals.

Yes, I have been thinking about going with the Dynamic Mity Mite c4. My goal is to run in the 10's for now. Just want to trailer it to the track ,run as fast as possible, and sometimes drive it on the street to local car shows and the 4th of July parade.

should work great then. That's pretty much what my goals are. I got my mighty mite used off someone. It was supposedly just freshened. Only thing is it doesn't have a brake. So I gotta change that up in the future.

What's the general range for a decent C-4, I have a feeling my trusty old 150k bone stock t-5 may not care for the motor I'll be putting in sometime this year, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Heh they really range in price big time. I'd recommend finding someone selling a used competition model jpt, dynamic or pa with rollerized planetary gears. Obviously if you can get one with a brake thats a plus too.

Well I'm finally getting my trans. I am going with the Dynamic M/M c4 with trans brake. They are making my 9" converter now. For every thing new and all SFI its gonna be about $3500. I didn't want to trust getting a used one.