Thread: Vr4 bov?

SCH Member

Vr4 bov?

if i only run 5-7lb boost do i need a bov on a vr4? I'm putting it on a 408 very soon and don't think i'm gunna get much more boost than that, so i don't want to buy one if i don't need it.

Senior SCH Member
    Nobody really *needs* a blow off valve, as long as they really know how to drive a force induction car. It just makes life easier, so the average idjit can go back to talking on his cell phone, twiddling the radio, yelling at the kids, or whatever else is taking his eyes off the road.

I think you'll be fine; why don't you try it and see?

F=MA
    Last edited by F=MA; 04-22-2005 at 08:54 AM.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    You will need a BOV or you will feel a pulse(jerking) when you apply the gas back and forth when driving. Everyone does need a BOV or you will allow pressure to build against the impeller when you let off the gas and a MASS car drives better also. A VR4 is pushing 1400cfm of air so when your building only 6psi and you let off that Impeller and your ball drive will come to a sudden brake force because the pressure has no place to go. Save the ball drive and your engine crank and get a $60 Bosch valve.

Senior SCH Member
    Where can you get the $60 bosh valve? And where in the heck would you put one on a tpi setup???

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Napa sells them they are a valve for a Turbo Volvo. Just pick a year out of the air every Turbo Volvo uses the same Bosch Valve. Ebay always has a few dozen listed also.