Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Is the FMU needed after dyno tune?

Thread: Is the FMU needed after dyno tune?

Senior SCH Member

Is the FMU needed after dyno tune?

I'll be getting a dyno tune pretty soon here, will I still need to run the FMU?

My setup is pretty mild
    '93 5.0 70k miles
    30lbs injectors
    190lph pump
    NOVI1000
    75mm MAF calib to 30lbs
    70mm tb and egr
    Powerpipe, stock pulley
    1.6 rockers
    Cobra Intake
    shorties
    Dr. Gas xpipe

maybe my F-Cam if I don't max out the injectors.

Also, what do you predict for some hp numbers.

Thanks!
    NOVI 1000 power.

Proud customer of http://www.speedconcepts.net

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    That is what the tune will tell you but with only 30lb injectors you will probably still need the FMU.

If the car is tuned on the dyno WITH the FMU, the FMU will be needed for the car to perform properly with the 30# injectors.

Senior SCH Member
    Thanks for the input, I'll be going with 42lbers and a LMAF, I figure that'll be safer. Theres nothing like buying parts, then buying the same crap a few months later :(
    NOVI 1000 power.

Junior SCH Member

fmu

Quote Originally Posted by Krwy
    Thanks for the input, I'll be going with 42lbers and a LMAF, I figure that'll be safer. Theres nothing like buying parts, then buying the same crap a few months later :(
    i have 30s and a chip and no fmu.novi88

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 88 novi
    i have 30s and a chip and no fmu.novi88
    What are your mods? I plan on a pulley and a powerpipe, and an E-Cam. I spoke with a few different people, and got the same answers, that the 30's would handle up to about 400 hp. I might be making more, I'm not sure. Anyone have a 5.0 with an E-cam, ported Cobra intake, GT40 iron heads, on a NOVI1000 with 3in pulley and powerpipe?
    NOVI 1000 power.

Junior SCH Member

mods

Quote Originally Posted by Krwy
    What are your mods? I plan on a pulley and a powerpipe, and an E-Cam. I spoke with a few different people, and got the same answers, that the 30's would handle up to about 400 hp. I might be making more, I'm not sure. Anyone have a 5.0 with an E-cam, ported Cobra intake, GT40 iron heads, on a NOVI1000 with 3in pulley and powerpipe?
    88 gt stock h,c,i, novi 1000,upr power pipe,bypass,8"crank pulley,255 fuel pump,kirban fpr set at 38 vac off,a9l comp,90mm lmaf,sct chip,30lb injectors,turbo coupe pcv,stock ignition,3.5 blower pulley,stock headers,stock 4 catted h,2/1/2 flows and tails,makeing 12lbs of boost.and 355 gears,cobra water pump pulley,oxygen sensors not hooked up,right now getting off road h pipe. novi88