Thread: Little update on my turbo car.

Little update on my turbo car.

So I havn't done much of anything with my car in about a year now. I guess I got burnt out or something. At anyrate, I did take it to the dyno about a month ago for the first time.

The best was 384 rwhp and 490 ft lbs. This is a stock 132k mile long block, 42# injectors 3" univer, paxton regulator and a 255lph intank (gss340). The first two pulls where much lower due to the 20-1 air fuel ratio. Once the pressure was turned up to the 60#'s static that it is now, the car made the better numbers.

Whats funny, is the car lived for maybe 12 passes at the track and about 1k on the street being that lean. I had a sneeking suspsion, so always kept 101 in the tank. i think this alone is the reason it made it. Only indication was what I thought to be the spark blowing out (which it still does). Turns out the spitting and sputtering was it starving for fuel.

In this state of tune it went a 12.10@118 on 275/60/15 drag radials with a 1.85 60'. I believe the rear gears to be 2.73's or 3.08's. Can't remember off the top of my head. Only suspension mods where 50/50's and one coild cut out of the rear springs. The front struts are severly frozen. lol

Now with the comp engineering 90/10's, the rediculous amount of fuel pressure (what is the fuel pump not keeping up?) and some 26x10.5" slicks, I'm hopeing for some mid to low 11's with the same 10#'s.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

SCH Member
    Well how about you "hope" your way down to the track. And pick me up along the way.
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

Old Combo - 148k mile stock bottom end, P&P E7s, AOD, NX wet kit
    428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

Why on earth do you still have those gears??:shocked:
    347 J trim, Kennedys custom cam, and water/meth injection, Electromotive GT DFI
    www.momsracing.com

I have a set of 3.27's, but have just been to lazy to install them. Plus I'm still a little unsure what transmission is going to end up in the car.
    90 strawberry coupe