Thread: Help installing an inline pump.

Junior SCH Member

Help installing an inline pump.

Can anyone scan me some instructions for installing a Procharger pump? I bought one off of ebay and need to know how to wire it. I've got a red, yellow, green and black coming from the relay, plus another black ground wire that goes somewhere. Thanks.

Shoiuld wire & instal similiar to the T-Rex pump, here's a link from Vortech's site where you can download instructions for install.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...8f201265im.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Just make sure you don't cut the plastic lines to install or you will shoot yourself in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by speedytang
    Just make sure you don't cut the plastic lines to install or you will shoot yourself in the foot.
    Wise words, trust me I did it myself. Couldn't figure out why the damn thing was leaking so bad :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. I have it installed now but I don't remember seeing any plastic lines. I've only turned on the key so far to make sure it would run, and it didn't leak then.

I was not sure by your first post if you got the hard line kit with the pump to install.

Junior SCH Member
    Mine is just the pump and wiring/relay kit that would come with a Procharger kit. I'm going to take it out now and hope it all works right, so cross your fingers for me, lol. Thanks.

How did you install the pump without cutting plastic lines. Is this a Mustang or something else, I guess I figured it to be a Mustang since 80% of the users own such.

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah, it's a '95 GT w/ a Vortech. All I had to do was:
    1)unhook the inlet side of the fuel filter
    2)hook the outlet of the new pump into the filter
    3)then hook the line(that formerly went into the filter) from the gas tank into the inlet of the new fuel pump. I don't see where there would have been any lines to cut.

It seems to do alright. I really need to get it back on the dyno to make sure it's living up to expectations, but the car doesn't seem to fall on it's face(go lean) in the very upper rpms now.
    Last edited by Daniel Mitchell; 06-05-2005 at 07:33 PM.
    Vortech'd '95 GT convertible AODE- 461rwhp/455rwtq running way too lean. 7.25@99.9mph