Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SN 93 For sale

Senior SCH Member
    The super doesn't eat as much power as you think and its direct drive off the engine and internal step up compensate hugely for that. Turbos need load to produce boost and it's pretty easy to find in a street driven car, that you're caught flat-footed with a turbo setup.

I put two T3 .48 A/R Garrets, off 2.3 Turbo Fords on my car. The power production was brutal but, it wasn't a fun setup to tune the fuel side for, since boost and rpm relations are only very remotely linear.

The underhood piping also impedes access to stuff and tends to cook evrything, no matter how well shielded it is.

I'd also suggest you need to be what Jesse James calls himself: a "master fabricator", to make this project go well, too. It's a huge welding task.

It'll be a hassle, no matter what. It's been done plenty though so, the ground isn't exactly untrodden.

F=MA

Junior SCH Member
    The fabrication does not bother me at all, I have a 6G welding certification. I also have 8 CNC turning centers, CNC lazer, shears, breaks, ect.. I am in the equipment manufactoring business so metal work is not an issue. It will be more of the tuning that will be an issue for me. I currentlly run a PMS piggyback, but I am considering to go to an AEM system. I don't know if I would call myself a master fabricator or not, but I can hang with most of them.

I don't like the idea of being sluggish (for lack of better term) on the street, I guess I need to look into it a little more. I always have the S-trim to fall back on or the Paxton SN93.

Thanks for the imput.

Senior SCH Member
    Automatics make turbos a far better street proposition, as they load the driveline differently than manuals. It takes good feet and wise handling to get a stick turbo car to stay boosted up on shifts and even then, you can't load it up on the brake for a good launch like with an auto. You can make a turbo spool fast but, it still has to spool.

F=MA