Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
To much fuel?

Thread: To much fuel?

Junior SCH Member

To much fuel?

I got my car up and running finally, i'm now having abit of an issue, the car has a 2 belt novi1000, upr powerpipe, h/c/i, all the bolt ons, the fuel system consist of 38lb injectors, aeromotive fuel reg, pro-m 80mm sc cal, 255lph forced induction pump, and an inline 67gph booster pump,

when i ran the car with the 38lb injectors it was leaning out at above 5000rpm seeing about 7-8psi boost, so i added a 4:1fmu, the car no longer leans out but once i get out of the boost it backfires and dumps fuel, anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this prob?

Senior SCH Member
    Get it tuned?
    NOVI 1000 power.

Proud customer of http://www.speedconcepts.net

What is your base fuel pressure??

Example, if you base fuel pressure is 40 psi, your FMU is adding 4 lbs of fuel for every lb of boost. So if you are seeing 8 psi of boost, then your adding 32lbs of fuel to your base of 40 for a total of 72 lbs of fuel, that is lot of fuel. You might want to start your base fuel pressure at 36 psi with the vac line off and see what that does.

But the most important thing is to get the car on a dyno where they can add/subtract fuel and timing.