Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dyno #s Blower Belt issues???

Thread: Dyno #s Blower Belt issues???

Dyno #s Blower Belt issues???

I dynoed my car saturday at racers edge in odessa. The very first pull the guy shut my car down at 4500 rpms. It made 300hp@4000 rpms on a 3.25 pulley. He said he shut it down because something felt like it was slipping. The next pull he took it to 5000 rpms before shutting it down. Definately something wrong. The car has never had any issues. The dyno sheet shows a dramatic drop at 4000rpms. Could this be my blower belt? I have the tensioner all the way down on the belt. I cant get the belt any tighter. The belt is pretty wore. The problem is getting worse. I cant even get on it in my car now? There is a large amount of belt dust around my blower and on my hood. The car bucks at high rpm. BELT? PLUGS? Anyone??
    93 GT: NOVI 1000**Trick Flow intake**65mm throttle body**Bosch 42# injectors**90mm mass air for injectors**255 fuel pump**Kirban AFR**BBK headers**off road H pipe**2 chamber Flows**3:55 gears**Fluidyne Aluminum radiator**

Senior SCH Member
    Well, if the belt is worn, wouldn't you think that it'll be a good idea to replace it? It's pretty obvious that the belt is slipping if you have a loss in power and belt dust all over the place. Replace the belt, see what happens, it isn't hard.
    NOVI 1000 power.

Proud customer of http://www.speedconcepts.net

Junior SCH Member
    get a smaller belt?? and throw it on.