Thread: How much boost

Junior SCH Member

How much boost

How much boost should i expect with 8:1 306 jegs/kaase heads tfs box afm pp with v1 strim with 2.95 8 inch crank renagade pullies?

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Most with that setup have seen 8psi but I am not sure about those heads on what they will do to the boost numbers since they have high flow numbers. You are the first I have seen who has purchased those heads.

Junior SCH Member
    Did you mean 18 psi? 8 seems a lil low for 2.95 and a 8 inch crank pully.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    No I was thinking 8psi with those heads and that upper intake. Just because I say 8psi does not mean it will not produce the same power as 12psi. Hope others respond maybe you will get different answers but remember you need more engine detail for a better guess and that is what your getting is a guess. Cam,Heads, Intake, RPM, Intake pipe anything that has to do with volumn of air and pressure makes the number and 8" crank and a 2.95 charger pulley is not pushing much of a difference when the stock is a 3.33" and 6.75" to produce 5-6psi on a stock engine no modifications. But like I said earlier don't let PSI gauge your power level since that is all based on restriction of the engine and rpm.

Senior SCH Member
    You will see way more than 8...I would venture 15 @6k or so....but only one real way to tell..muwahahah try iy out!
    All combos flow diff...so the exact # is what your guage says...but roughly we can give u an idea.
    A 2.95/8" is a sick pulley setup.....worlds away from the 3.33/6.87
    Stock Blocks are Unbreakable

Junior SCH Member
    well i also have a 2.75 with it but thought that would probably be a lil too much.

Junior SCH Member
    How are the Kasse heads working out for you, I have been thinking of trying them on my 347". Right now I am running Canfields that have been worked on a little. I have not spoken to anyone that is using them, any imput would be great.