Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Help: Novi 2000 on 87 Mustang - Belt Size Problems

Thread: Help: Novi 2000 on 87 Mustang - Belt Size Problems

Question Help: Novi 2000 on 87 Mustang - Belt Size Problems

I've got a rather strainge issue with my Novi 2000 Setup on my 87 mustang. I bought my kit from a friend used but he was not using it himself. It's a first Gen kit by the serial number. It uses two pulleys but not like the newer setup sold today for my car. I've attached pictures to give you an idea. The problem is I can't get the correct belt size for this application. I need a 55 inch 10 rib belt. 55.5 is barely to long and 54 is not possible to get on and route the belt correctly around the lower pulley. It will fit on going under the lower pulley pretty tight cause I had to crank the motor to get it on. I need either a 54.7 - 55.2 inch belt. I currenlty run a 7inch crank and 3.5 inch blower pulley. I'm thinking I will order the 3.25 blower pulley to see if it helps with the issue. I'm praying the 54 will fit then.

I was wondered what your opinions would be on this cause I'm not sure why I'm in this situation anyways. Paxton wants like $500.00+ to buy the plate, spacers, pulleys, and hardware to change it over to their newer tensioner setup. They have none of the old documents on the setup before new revisions were done. Nor can they be sure it will work/fix the problem etc. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm tuning this with an AEM ECU/MAP setup with WB02. The bottom end is stock but I'm putting in a 347 stroker long block after I get the tunning down pat. I already have the long block with all forge internals ready to go. I plan to urn ~14 psi on the new motor. More info on the car can be found here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/nastystang

Thanks,

Last edited by MaYHeM; 06-07-2005 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Add Picture
    --( ]\[áSTҰStá]\[G )--
    --( Â.Ƙ.Â. -=ṂáҰḪéṂ=- )--
    --[ 1987 Ϝórd Múştáng LӾ ]--
    ---[ 602 / 552 RWHP/RWTQ ]---

ENGINE
    347 SCAT Stroker, Canfields 2.02 Alum Heads, Comp Cams, DSS Main Support, 70mm Accufab TB, GT-40 Lower, Jegs Box Upper, 60lb SD-Inj, 255 lph HP Pump, 1 5/8 shorties, BBK Catted X-pipe, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, K&N, MSD 6AL & Blaster 3 Coil, Taylor Pro-10 Wires, AEM ECU (Standalone), WB O2 w/Gauge, 3.5 Bar AEM-MAP, Novi 2000 @ 9 psi (10-12 psi pulley), AFM Bypass Kit, TiAL 50mm BOV

DRIVETRAIN / SUSPENSION
    Built AOD, DirtyDog 3000 Stall, Alum Drive shaft, 3.73s, QA1 Adj Struts/Shocks, Steeda Caster/Camber, Eibach Front Drag Springs, BBK Progressive Rear Springs, Alburn Pro Diff, 8.8 Support Cover, Upper/Lower Control Arms

My CarDomain Site

Junior SCH Member
    I used to have the same problem. I had a set up just like that. I ended up getting a tensioner bracket w/ pulley (like a vortech, but for a paxton) and got rid of the other pulleys. I had two more of these tensioners fabricated. I feel your pain. Call me if you're interested (718)702-8774.