Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: more belt wrap?

Senior SCH Member
    Be careful, loading things like this is gonna take out your #1 main bearing if you don't watch it.

F=MA

Senior SCH Member
    HUH? Splain prease:D

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    You could put to much side load on your crank and bust the balancer off or destroy the front main bearing. A couple of people on the site have broken the front off of the crank putting to much tension on the belt.

Senior SCH Member
    I think F=MA was saying something about me puting my idler on the underside of the belt. I don't see anything different than the top side? As for busing off the crank, I already did that last year I paid for a forged crank/rods/pistons and got cast!! When I did the rebuild, i got the best of the best! Eagle 4340 stuff:D

I remember that now, me bad.

Senior SCH Member
    I was talking about the #1 crank bearing getting wasted from the sideload on the crank. but, I didn't remember you'd already busted the crank snout. You're certainly better equipped to make the decision than I am, then, and I defer to your evaluation of destructiveness. :teeth:

F=MA

Senior SCH Member
    Yea, I was NOT Happy about that one! The guy who rebuilt my short block told me,yea forged crank, rods and top of the line hyperutetic's....BS! Cast crank, stock rods and 1479 silverlites (stock replacement). Iwas PISSED! Goes to show ya, ya want something done right, do it yourself!

Senior SCH Member
    Damn rights to that. Hence, I'm ripping into my car to replace its busted HGs.

F=MA

Senior SCH Member
    OK, took it out for a spin and got consistant 10psi. I really need larger injectors.

Good, Now lets see 12psi...lol

Senior SCH Member
    I would LOVE to see 12 psi. However, I think my injectors are a wee bit small for that much boost. Yea, I have the fmu, but I need biger injectors! I'm well above 100% duty cycle so I need to play it safe. I am going to try to tighten the belt more just to see if i can get 12 or more, maybe some VHT on the belt too:D But the one thing that did help was putting my idler pulley on teh bottom of the belt? who knows? The one thing about the pulley on the bottom is that it's difficult to tighten. Once I hit 10psi, the boost still falls, but hardly as bad as it was falling. time for some VHT, maybe a cog setup once I figure a way to put a bov on my intake tube. Us tpi guys have the funky S shaped tube
    Last edited by Dirk Diggler; 07-20-2005 at 01:36 AM.