Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Oil pan punching

Thread: Oil pan punching

SCH Member

Oil pan punching

What are you guys using to punch the hole in the pan?

I used a series of punches. until I got to the specified diameter (9/16ths I think) I think I even ground a couple of normally flat ones to a point to get it there more gradually.
    347 J trim, Kennedys custom cam, and water/meth injection, Electromotive GT DFI
    www.momsracing.com

Junior SCH Member
    I borrowed a set of them from a friend and just kept using larger ones till I had the right sized hole. it was just annoying swinging the hammer cuz there wasn't much room for the swing.
    Black 2001 Mustang GT

Vortech V2-SQ aftercooled kit. Lots of custom parts made by me

Senior SCH Member
    Make sure your not pounding like a mad man when the punch is sitting on a con. rod!

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Make sure your not pounding like a mad man when the punch is sitting on a con. rod!
    Yeah that ain't no lie. Fortunately I caught myself. Thanks for the input guys I got the pan punched.

I've been taking mytime doing this so I get everything right. The biggest PITA so far has been bolting the bracket in place. Which brings me to another question. Where the bracket mounts to the head there are three holes. The two too the right are 3/8 16 2.25 bolts no big deal. However the hole to the left is about 1/2 inch. Now this was plugged prior to this install and now I need it. The problem is even if I go out and find the right size bolt there's no way its going through the hole in the bracket. At least not without some modificaiton.

Any thoughts?