Thread: Vortech Renegade Strut Support

Junior SCH Member

Vortech Renegade Strut Support

Thinking about getting one of these animals and was wondering if someone that has purchased one can tell me just how it improved there performance and if they thought it was a good investment.
    Also was there any gain in boost when you were able to crank the belt tighter?
    How long are the belts lasting under the extra belt tention?
    If it's strip only, how many runs are you getting befoer the belt has to be replaced?
    Also will these work on a passenger side mount YS?
    Thanks for the help.:)
    Ron.

I have one and they are nice. They will allow you to maintain the increased belt tension when the blower is under acceleration. Yes it will fit a passenger side YS. I have it on my ysi. Also no issues with the belts.
    Last edited by BLOWNBY; 07-11-2005 at 12:18 PM.
    351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -10.02 @ 135mph---Is 9.99 to much to ask?:freaks:
    -1.42-- 60'
    Quote Originally Posted by regattacoupe
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

SCH Member
    I have seen quite a few guys use them. They work great. I wish I had room to use one on my car.

Bob Kurgan makes/sells a kit also. You can e-mail him for pricing at bob@kurganmotorsports.com
    86 Capri 331ci 185AFR's Holley Systemax intake S-trim TKO 9" rear 245/50/16 Nitto

513rwhp/493rwtq on pump gas. More to come in 05!

Headed for the 10's fully loaded on a radial.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNBY
    I have one and they are nice. They will allow you to maintain the increased belt tension when the blower is under acceleration. Yes it will fit a passenger side YS. I have it on my ysi. Also no issues with the belts.
    Thanks Blownby, Check your PM.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 86merc
    I have seen quite a few guys use them. They work great. I wish I had room to use one on my car.

Bob Kurgan makes/sells a kit also. You can e-mail him for pricing at bob@kurganmotorsports.com
    Thanks 86merc,
    I'll shoot Bob an email.
    BTW mine is a 79 RS.
    I hate Fords:)

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carbed capri
    Thanks 86merc,
    BTW mine is a 79 RS.
    Nice. What's the combo your going with?

I am trying to buy back my old 83 RS. The car is mint and I have plans for a 408ci with a blow thru set up. I am thinking home made turbo kit for the boost. :D
    86 Capri 331ci 185AFR's Holley Systemax intake S-trim TKO 9" rear 245/50/16 Nitto

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Anyone have pictures?
    Thanks

351 "stockshort block": -Vortech T-trim (21 psi), Trick Flow Heads, Lunati Cam, Weldon fuel system, Lentech AOD., 3.55 gears, 27" Hoosier QTP's, 3500# with me

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'
    Since when do they let Homo's with 700rwhp that run 11's be a SCH mod? :shocked: :obscene: :D

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 86merc
    Nice. What's the combo your going with?

I am trying to buy back my old 83 RS. The car is mint and I have plans for a 408ci with a blow thru set up. I am thinking home made turbo kit for the boost. :D
    Taking the car back out of the garage after a 2 1/2 year storage deal because I was frustrated with the cog belt tossing problem.
    Tossed about (8) 30mm belts and about (4 )50mm belts with the YS, thought I'd better put the car away before my next stop was the poor house:)
    Before that I was quite happy going 9.70's with an R-Trim Vortech.
    But nooooo that wasn't good enough, I had to have a YS and thats were my belt problems started. :angry:
    Haven't made a full pass down the track since I switched to the YS.
    I'm running Trick Flow street heats (old style) from Ron Robart (Fox Lake), Matching Victor jr. manifold, 750 holley, Comp cam hyd. roller, 1 7/8 headers, Dynamic C4, about a 3200 10" converter by JPT, 355's out back with a 10x28 MT slick.
    Car's 60 ft. times are consistantly 1.32 1.33.
    Now if I could just get a full pass out of it.
    I was tossing the cog belts at about 800 or 900 ft. off the line.
    The most boost I ever saw was 17lbs., don't know if it was still building or not.
    One things for sure 86merc, YOU won't have any belt tossing problems:teeth:
    Last edited by carbed capri; 07-15-2005 at 08:32 PM.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Thanks

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carbed capri
    One things for sure 86merc, YOU won't have any belt tossing problems:teeth:
    That is the reason I want to go with a Turbo. I have problems with the belt slipping on my S-trim on my 86. A friend is a good welder and is making a few turbo kits for friends. One for a quad turbo 440 in a early Crysler, a single turbo BB 67 Camaro and a twin system for his mustang. So I figure what's another project for him. Right? hahaha

Your car sounds impressive. Nagging problems like that suck. So frustraiting. I hope the strut brace works out for you. I am sure you will be able to figure it out. Those Renegade guys run 8rib surpentine belt and make what? 28# of boost. They also run there belts like guitar strings though. lol

Here is a picture of it off the car. It is not all together but you get the idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images

-545 rwhp
    -1.42-- 60'

Junior SCH Member
    I have one for sale if you are interested will sell for $200 shipped

jif347@yahoo.com