Thread: Fuel pump question

SCH Member

Fuel pump question

Im just about finished installing my used vortech kit(v-1). My car currently has a 190lgh fuel pump. Im about to install the T-rex. The T rex is also rated at 190lgh. Now I've been doing a lot of research because lots of guys I see on line are running 255lgh fuel pumps. So naturally im starting to wonder if my 190 will be enough to cut the mustard.

One book I've been reading that specifically broke it down stated that the 190lgh was the way to go. This pump with the T-rex supposedly gives you a perfect 1 to 1 ratio. They say that the 255lgh is a total waste with stock fuel lines and because of those lines does not provide anymore flow. The 190 and the T-rex together is supposed to be good for just over 500hp NA, blown, or nitrous injected with stock fuel lines.

What do you guys think?

My info came out of

How to Tune & modify your Ford 5.0 Liter 1979-1995
    Chapter 8 pg.83

By Steve Turner

It depends, Whats your setup?
    Jorge

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blueoval92
    It depends, Whats your setup?
    Ported Cobra Intake, Ported & polished Windsor Jr heads, K&N, 75mm mass air, 70mm throttlebody,1.7 roller rockers, pulleys, BBK Long tube headers, offroad H-pipe, 40 series flowmaster, 3.73 gears, MSD ignition, CGS subframes Zex nitrous, A9L PIH kit, SCT custom burned chip, 24lb injectors 190lph fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator, AFCO racing radiator

I just pulled the nitrous off and Im adding a v-1 with 36lb injectors w 8psi of boost.

The 190 might work with an FMU and 36lb'ers. You can eliminate the FMU completely if you were to run 42's, And upgrade the fuel pump. Most everyone uses a 255lph inline with 255 intank. t-rex (190lph)is considered a restriction to the 255 intank. I ran a t-rex and 255 intank with no problems, 10psi with ported heads,cam,intake,and all the usual bolt-ons. made 480 to the rear with 11.5-1 A/F no FMU and 42lb injectors. IMHO no such thing as too much fuel, better to be safe than sorry. If you decide to go with more boost (and you will) you'll already be setup for it. Hope this helps.
    Jorge

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blueoval92
    The 190 might work with an FMU and 36lb'ers. You can eliminate the FMU completely if you were to run 42's, And upgrade the fuel pump. Most everyone uses a 255lph inline with 255 intank. t-rex (190lph)is considered a restriction to the 255 intank. I ran a t-rex and 255 intank with no problems, 10psi with ported heads,cam,intake,and all the usual bolt-ons. made 480 to the rear with 11.5-1 A/F no FMU and 42lb injectors. IMHO no such thing as too much fuel, better to be safe than sorry. If you decide to go with more boost (and you will) you'll already be setup for it. Hope this helps.
    Thanks Jorge hey what fuel pressure are you running at. Im sure I'll have to end up going to get a tune eventually.

45psi
    Jorge