Thread: BlowOff Valve..?

SCH Member

Arrow BlowOff Valve..?

Can i run a blow off valve on my Sn-92 if so where does it go and i can use any valve? let me know and does it help out alot thanks~

Senior SCH Member fanglemeister's Avatar
    No, not if running a mass air metering system.
    Chris

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    You can run a BOV that routes back into the intake tube if your a MAS car. If your SD you can BOV into the air without routing. You can even run a BOV on a MAS if you purchase adjustable unit which blows off at settings you choose. If you adjust the BOV to open at -20 so it only opens when you let off the gas. You will notice a small rich condition for about a second or two but its of no concern and the MAS will not notice and you can get that Turbo sound. LOL

SCH Member
    the supercharger is on a 350 SBC Carb..

Senior SCH Member
    It doesn't matter. You can use a BOV on any car car, carbed or injected. They are kind of a waste of money on a low boost setup though.

SCH Member
    i was just wondering i wasnt for sure so i thought i ask~

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I think they are more beneficial on a Carb setup myself. I have run both Carbs and EFI and using a BOV you have less of a chance of a backfire. I would get backfire when I ran dual carbs when I let off real quick or the engine would want to stall. The BOV solved both problems and on a carb just weld the plate that comes with it on your discharge tube and adjust for what the vacuum reads when you rev and let off real quick to allow the pressure to escape. Even at 5psi the supercharger has enough back pressure when you close the throttle to slowly cause the rear seal to leak and anything over 5psi you have a chance of damaging the impeller blades. Jegs has adjustable BOV for $100 that is becoming common since myself and others live in Jegs backyard.

SCH Member
    Thanks~