Thread: Intake

Junior SCH Member

Intake

I have been looking for a new intake for my car and don't know which way to go. The guy who is building my motor says the cobra intake is good but the rage is the Holley Systemax setup. Any opinions would be appreciated.

306, Dart Heads, CopuCam 284, Forged Pistons,H-Beam Forged Rods, Studded Main Journals, Crane HI6 ign, FoMoCo Rollers, Hooker Headers, etc..
    88 covert. SN 89, 306 trying to tune right now

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    As always if you read the magazines and check the flow numbers and horsepower across the rpm range, the Cobra or GT-40 always gives the best curve. You will loose low end torque with any other intake and you will feel it on a supercharger car just like N.A. car. I am over 500hp using a Cobra intake so don't let people tell you that it is good for only 350hp. The only problem now is that the Cobra intakes are made in CHINA and they are JUNK. Bad castings that crack or restricted ports. Find a original Cobra intake by buying used. If not sure if it is the original you can tell with pictures because they will be yellow/brown in color after about a year because the clear coating did not hold up, just strip when you buy it and have it coated.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks speedy, If anyone on the board has an original for sale you can email me at prncfarquad@hotmail.com
    88 covert. SN 89, 306 trying to tune right now