Thread: Air Intake Assembly

Junior SCH Member

Air Intake Assembly

Just looked over the used SN-93 kit I purchased for my 94 Cobra. It has no discharge tube and the air intake piping consist of a 90 degree rubber elbow and 8 inches of flex tube hose.

Will any of the Powerdyne or Vortech air intake assemblies or discharge tubes work on this system on this car?

Any help is appreciated, I'm a newbie to all things boosted.

Thanks

Fox-4-Cobra

Senior SCH Member
    Manufacturing a discharge tube and using a bit of silicone hose from a diesel supply isn't be hard. Want cheap? Buy a 90 degree 2.5" steel weld el from your local exhaust supply shop, cut as needed, paint, hose, clamp and yer done. You could go 3" if you were willing to to find someone with a good tubing bender to squeeze down the ends a bit. 3" weld els are hard to find, unfortunately. 2.5 is fine for 5-6 psi easy.

Intake, you can make your own CAI out of a few bends of 4" ABS pipe and a stock Honda cylindrical filter, like I did, or you can pop for a nicer looking fancy one from K&N that work no better.

F=MA

Junior SCH Member
    I thought of that and will probably end up going with the silicone hose on both the inlet and discharge tube. I want to hook up a bypass valve to it. I should be able to work something out with that though.

The reason I asked is because Vortech has a kit that includes the bypass valve for around $ 115 for 94-95 Mustangs. The parts to make my own if I go with the silicone will be approximately $ 60 through Air Tech, with no blow off valve.

Thanks for the reply F=MA it was helpful in my decision. :)

Fox-4-Cobra