Thread: can some one tell me my power?

SCH Member

can some one tell me my power?

i ahve a 88 5.0L 5 speed all stock with shorty headers h pipe cat back mass air conversion fpr 3:73 and see about 6 psi with the sn 92. what should be about my hp and track time off hand if anyone ever had a set up close and ran it? also i dont know the pulley sizes but if i went to the 3.75 and say i have a 6 or 6.5 not sure yet would that spin to much shifting at like 5900 or 6000? and with the small pulley will i see 8 psi?

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SN92NOTCH
    i ahve a 88 5.0L 5 speed all stock with shorty headers h pipe cat back mass air conversion fpr 3:73 and see about 6 psi with the sn 92. what should be about my hp and track time off hand if anyone ever had a set up close and ran it? also i dont know the pulley sizes but if i went to the 3.75 and say i have a 6 or 6.5 not sure yet would that spin to much shifting at like 5900 or 6000? and with the small pulley will i see 8 psi?
    I have an 88 5.0 with good valvesprings, roller rockers, off road and Flow 2s. 3.55 gears. I'm shoving the stock SN93's 5 psi into it. It made 320 horse on 4.5 PSI, taken at the manifold.

Track times depend on more than power. What's the car weigh? Got slicks? Can you drive? I did 12.8 at 108 on the above power level, with VERY dried up slicks. My car weighs in at ~3250 with me in it. There's better ETs in it but, I can't extract them without new drag slicks.

Frankly, I would not bother jacking the boost beyond 6 psi on the stock iron heads. You'll produce a detonating monster that's slower than what you have now, most likely. Revving the engine much over 5500 on stock heads/cam slows the car, too, IMHO.

F=MA