Thread: FMU and fuel pressure

Junior SCH Member

FMU and fuel pressure

Just received my Novi 1000 in the mail and in the mist of installing it. Hopefully you fellow novi users can clear up a FMU issue. I am running a 73mm C&l mass air with 24ib injectors. Will the fmu work on the 24ib injectors or is its ratio for 19ib? If so, what ratio should I get?? Also, my fuel pressure (38 pounds)is good for my h/c/I combination. Will I have to adjust my fuel pressure with the fmu once the blower is in??
    Any suggestion would be appriecated.

Nate

SCH Member
    The FMU overrides the fuel pressure regulator. If you run 24lb injector you need to run the 8:1 fmu disc. Their like 30 bucks and they are a must.

Junior SCH Member
    thanks for the advice white88pony. I am either going to run the 8:1 fmu or go straight to the 42 ib injectors. What timing should I be running with a supercharger??? Also with h/c/i combo, I am running 38 pounds with 24ib injectors. The air/fuel is at 11.1 at wot. Can you give me a good base fuel pressure to run with 42's????

SCH Member
    im not sure on the FP for 42s but 45 with vac off and work your way down maybe a little. look for regettacoupe he has good info